Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsIce Skating · 9 years ago

Why isn't Plushenko being ranked in the ISU?

I was just wondering because Evgeni Plushenko's performance in 2010 were all 1st place and why isn't he being ranked??? Daisuke Takashi is no. 1. in the ISU rank.

Favorite Answer

Evgeni Plushenko's performances in the 2009-2010 season were all 1sts (Cup of Russia, Russian Nationals, European Championships), except Vancouver, which was 2nd, but because he only competed at three ISU sanctioned competitions in that season (CoR, Euros, and the Olympics), I believe he was ranked 12th.

He is not competing this season, due to a rather large, unfortunate, and very shady chain of events between himself, the Russian Figure Skating Federation, and the ISU. He is banned from competition this season. This is why he does not appear on the ISU's ranking list. However, he will be reinstated in April (I believe), and plans to compete next season.

I am pleased for Takahashi if he is ranked first. He's a very talented skater.

Source(s): figure skater (and fan)