Is involving Shawn Michaels in Triple H vs Undertaker really necessary?

Source: http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/wwe-news/hhh-taker-use-backstage-power-for-their-storyline-hbks-role-at-mania-and-more/ I really don't understand why many fans and, if we go by spoiler sites, even WWE themselves feel it IS indeed necessary for Shawn Michaels to be involved. I mean,... show more Source:

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/wwe...

I really don't understand why many fans and, if we go by spoiler sites, even WWE themselves feel it IS indeed necessary for Shawn Michaels to be involved.

I mean, doesn't anyone realize Shawn Michaels will only serve as an unneeded swerve and creating buzz of a screw-job? Thus making the quality of the match virtually forgotten and overlook? Just look at the three matches that suffered from Michaels' participation as special ref despite all of the matches being a wrestling clinic: Taker vs Bret Hart at Summerslam 1997, Rock vs HHH at Smackdown! 1999, and Rock vs HHH at Judgment Day 2000.

Is Taker vs Bret at Summerslam 1997 remembered as a wrestling classic? No, it is remembered as the match where HBK vowed not to screw anyone but accidentaly screwed The Undertaker thus starting their feud. I can't recall the time where someone in WS actually mentioned how good the wrestling clinic was.

Rock vs HHH at Smackdown! 1999 isn't remembered for the MOTYC quality. It's remembered for HBK screwing Rock despite being ref to help HHH retain the title.

And same with The Iron Man match at JD 2000 where almost everyone basically waited for HBK to screw Rock. The match is perhaps the best match HHH & Rock had together, better than their match at Summerslam 1998. But is the match even remembered as such? No, it is remembered as the match where Undertaker returned as The American Bad *** and HBK screwed Rock thx to bad call before being chased by The Undertaker to the ramp to save his ****. Whenever I see people talking about best Iron Man matches, I can hardly recall this match came up. It's always Bret/HBK or Angle/Lesnar, or even Orton/Cena. And what a shame, because this match is a legendary match yet seemingly forgotten.

I know the plan for involving Shawn Michaels isn't HBK's fault at all, it's WWE's fault. I just hope Mr. Michaels have the decency to refuse participating as special ref or enforcer. Don't mind if he goes as guest announcer or blends in the crowd or even have him in the storyline and support HHH as long as he isn't directly involved in the ring, always respect and love him, BTW.

I find it stupid and ironic if the rematch from 10 years later become the fourth underrated classic because of Mr. Wrestlemania himself. I'm not dreaming and joking when I say Taker vs HHH can be an era defining match like Hogan/Warrior, Rock/Austin, or lately Taker/HBK. But in order to do that they will need exactly no swerve at any cost.

Love to hear your thoughts, mates.