Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

Roast Beef Recipe, Plz?

Hello Cooks! Im writing today to get a little bit of help with prepartion of an amazing, tender, juicy, roast beef. Some things you should know about me...Im an excellent cook (although Ive never made a roast beef, like the one Im looking to make soon), so any degree of recipe difficulty is fine. Money is not a huge object, Im willing to pay extra for that perfect, show stopping, cut of beef. And lastly, my family enjoys medium rare cuts that are tender, not chewy, not fatty, and will look great when sliced up and served with some yukon gold mashers. Now I have a fantastic slow cooker pot roast recipe (if youre interested, you can find it on food network, its paula deens, prepared in a crock pot and your family will go nuts over it, I promise), but thats not what Im looking for. For that I use a relatively inexpensive bonesless chuck roast and its "fall off the bone" sloppy tender by the time its done. We love it, but Im not going for that style. Does anyone have a tried and true, excellent beef roast recipe? Ill need to know everything, so I dont mess it up...what cut is the best (everyone seems to have an opinion, but everyone says something different!), I do not want to put it in a crock pot, I I want it moist and tender, not dry, not well done, and not falling apart. I made a standing rib roast for Christmas, it was beautifully presented and succulent, but again, not what I consider "roast beef". Its silly to say this, but Im looking for a "sign of the beefcarver" style dinner. If your a roast master, please share your secret with me (again, cut, seasoning, method, timing, recommended meat weight before cooking, and any special requests from the butcher). Thanks so much!! Oh, and Id love to have drippings to make a pan gravy. I found a recipe on AllRecipes.com that had a ton of favorable reviews but was cooked in the oven, on a rack, without any liquid. Doesnt it sound like that would produce a dry chunk of meat? I dont want to waste or disappoint. Thank you everyone for your responses and happy cooking to everyone!!

@"K" - that recipe is not at all what I was looking for, thats the one I mentioned I already have. I dont want a fall apart type of pot roast, I want a medium rare roast beef that Ill slice up. I cant believe no one has anything for me yet! Are none of us masters of the roast beef? Whats happening?? Thank you for anyone who can help.

• B
    Best Answer

Ingredients:

Rib roast, 1 to 2 ribs, brought to room temperature before cooking. (this takes about 2 hours)

1/2 cup chili sauce

1 T. Worcestershire

1/2 t. salt or to taste

1/4 t. pepper

1 T. A-1 steak sauce, optional

Directions:

Preheat oven to 500. Season roast with a mixture of chili sauce, Worcestershire, salt and pepper and optional A-1 sauce; put roast in pan fat side up and roast in oven for 36 minutes, which is 18 minutes per rib; A three rib roast would cook 54 minutes; at the end of that time, turn oven off at once and DON'T OPEN THE DOOR of the oven. Leave door closed for 2 hours. After that, the roast is done. Serve with tomato pie and Caesar salad; use leftover beef ribs for deviled beef bones and use the meat for sandwiches or stir fry with vegetables, Chinese style; for leg of lamb, cook for 15 minute per pound for rare, 18 minutes for medium rare, and 22 minutes for well done in a preheated 500 oven. Turn oven off and without opening door, allow lamb to cook undisturbed for another 3 hours. The rib roast will keep for an hour after the prescribed 2 hours. To reheat, put in preheated 200 oven for 10 minutes. If you forget to remove roast from refrig, add 21 minutes to cooking time per rib.

Considering the amount of money it costs for a decent meal these days, this can easily translate into hundreds of dollars spent on food each month at the bare minimum!

Of course, there's nothing wrong with spending money on top-class, mouth watering food which gets everyone salivating and craving for more...check this out it can help.

http://budurl.com/1cookie2

Hey I see your a big fan of food and you really love to cook different foods with that desired passion. I just purchased a really great recipe guide online, and I have now been able to cook fabulous dishes with my guests always complimenting the great food I cook. :)