have you ever been scam by email because someone you thought was for real and needed help and ask you?

I have been sent messages about large sums of money and they wanted me to help them. I would like to send the email to the government that they have sent me a number of times trying to get me to pay a fee for them to send me this money. I know it is a scam I just want them to stop!

Favorite Answer

Making a scammer's scam googlable is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post and then does not become a victim because you took the time to "get the word out". Thanks!!

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, ask questions and learn all about that hobby.

They won't stop because you keep opening them. Every time you open messages like this,it sends a recipt back to the sender that you opened it which means you are potentially gullible. So they keep sending you more and more. The ONLY way to stop this is to stop opening emails from people you don't know. Nobody is going to contact you about anything important by email, If it really gets out of hand consider changing your email address and ONLY giving the new address to friends and family

Spammers get your email many ways - you signed up for a website that sold their mailing list, you signed up for some contest in a mall that sold their mailing list, you bought from an online retailer that sold their customer list, you fell for a phishing scam, you forwarded a chain mail sent by friends, you posted your email address on some website, etc

I agree with you. That's the same thing happen to my email with a chat about a sexy website. It's not even free enough to survive the strange events at all!

Source(s): yahoo messenger
  • Janez

When you stop responding back they will stop sending you emails. Just delete all emails from them.

J

• Gemini

Yes, i've had quite a few of those full of the usual b*llsh*t!! i delete all e.mails now that i don't recognise,i don't even read them. Haven't had any for months now.