What is blasphemy against the holy spirit?

I've been getting blasphemy against the holy spirit thoughts just recently.I was mad the other day.And i think i commited it.I didn't say it out loud it was more like i said it to myself in my head.Like it all came from this anger.I have been feeling down lately.So later on that same day there was a guy at our church preaching know for miracles.So he started performing these miracles and all these blasphemy against the spirit thoughts started coming to my head.So now my question is did i commit blasphemy against the holy spirit ? Am i excluded from the kingdom of heaven ?

Best Answer

If the Holy Spirit is simply some divine force, then why is it even more offensive to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, and even more fatal, than speaking against the Son? “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come” (Matthew 12:31, 32 NKJV). By definition, blasphemy is “a contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing against God.” By this simple deduction, the Holy Spirit must be God! This is also why Peter said that to lie to the Holy Spirit is to lie to God (Acts 5:3, 4).

The Holy Spirit can be a witness (Hebrews 10:15). In any court of the world, only living beings can be called witnesses. Finally, the Holy Spirit is said to have His own mind (Romans 8:27).

We can clearly see the Holy Spirit is not simply a force, but the third divine person of the Godhead. Though a spirit, He has all the characteristics of a person and individual. The Spirit is plainly portrayed as a being who speaks, teaches, guides, makes choices, witnesses, comforts, and can be grieved. “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all” (2 Corinthians 13:14 NKJV).

Source(s): not PeRfecT/JustForgiven SDA Xcatholic (Rev. 18:4)

A Christian is forgiven of all their sins at the point of salvation. Past, present, and future sins. You cannot lose your salvation. Repent means to return, to change your mind. Repentance means to return to grace. Grace (the cross of Christ) is where you found your forgiveness in the first place. Just go to God and let Him reassure you of His love and grace and forgiveness for you. Unforgivable sin or blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is what unbelievers do. When the Holy Spirit continually comes to them to convict them of the sin of rejecting Jesus, and they call Him a liar and say they don't need Jesus. If they don't accept Jesus sacrifice on the cross there is no other forgiveness of sins. The devil could have very well been the one to put those thoughts in your head and then turn around and condemn you for it. You are God's beloved. He will never leave you or forsake you. Nothing can separate you from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus. Be at peace. All is well.

• Moi

Greek blapshemia meaning to impart or attribute negative or evil qualities to divine majesty

Strong's G988 - blasphēmia βλασφημία

Transliteration

blasphēmia

Pronunciation

blä-sfā-mē'-ä (Key)

Part of Speech

feminine noun

Root Word (Etymology)

From βλάσφημος (G989)

TDNT Reference

1:621,107

Vines

View Entry

Outline of Biblical Usage

1) slander, detraction, speech injurious, to another's good name

2) impious and reproachful speech injurious to divine majesty

Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 19 AV — blasphemy 16, railing 2, evil speaking 1

I think it means to not believe in the holy spirit.

• Hogie

This sin is one where a person in possession of the Holy Spirit abandons faith in God, and returns to a lifestyle of sin.

.

I really don't exactly know what it is....but it sure sounds bad; I don't want any part of blashpemy against the Holy Ghost.

Here is a link to the Gospel of God's sovereign grace preached. I hope you take the time to listen to some of these Christ exalting messages.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/source_detail.asp?sourc...

Mortal Sin. Anything that offends God is blasphemous to Him. Therefore by disobeying God and braking His Laws you have blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. What you have done or not done for others you also done or not done unto Jesus who is God.

And your only excluded from His Kingdom if you don't repent for your sins against God. If you hurt someone it's better to ask for forgiveness than to loose your salvation.

• To commit this you would have to denounce the one who sent him. Even King David was angry with God at times. But even through your anger you know he still exists. When you start to think he doesn't even exist you have blasphemed the one who sent him.

I read a bit about this and people think you can't do it until you get to the point where you completely reject it.

Blasphemy is to deny God. If you are talking about profanity, and you are His, just ask for His forgiveness. If you do not already have Him in your heart, please ask Him in.

God bless

Source(s): the Holy Bible