i want to follow my dream, my goal but...?

i am in my last year of high school, and im also 19.

okay well to get started, my dream was to become a psychatrist, and do whatever is nessary. well i really want to take that to the next step. which would be to become a ER doctor. yes they are two very different things, but i cant explain it. i really want this.

okay onto the next thing. i am not a very good high school student. im prob. below averg. and for reasons i will admit. i never had the drive., i thought school and things like jobs like this would even be considered for me. but i am and have been changing my whole perspective on life.

ive 1) got rid of all my friends that i thought were holding me back and were negative

2) have a 3.0 ( for the first time!) 3. become so determined

im willing to get tutors of all kinds when i go to college, im willing to do anything. i just want this. not for money, not for felling like a god. i want to do this because i want to help, i want to heal and i want to learn.

but so many people are non believeing of my because of my not doing well in school. they think oh this will pass. but nobody really knows me. when it comes down to it, i will do it.

if you could give me some feedback, that would be app. thank you so much!

life doesnt start and stop when you want it to i know. i KNOW i can do it, yes i KNOW medical schools are competive, and i KNOW i have what it takes

Do what is in your heart you can be anything you want I wish I went to art school and came up with all kinds of reasons why I "shouldnt" now I realize making all kinds of money somewhere else can't compare to doing something I love if you have a passion follow it, it prob means you would be great and make a difference in peoples lives and of course you can do it what is actually stopping you? I wish you the best!

• Bill

Both careers require graduation from Medical School and take the same amount of time to achieve. I'm happy that you have changed your outlook on life and have the determination to succeed. You will need to take science classes in college to prepare for Medical School and your school counselor should be able to help direct your college schedule.

• Suzy

Although your dreams are admirable, and you know you can do it, medical schools are very competitive. Without a high GPA in school you are not likely to be accepted. Med schools go by what you have actually accomplished, not what you think you can do.