Ash asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Has Obama's failure to support our allies in the Middle East meant the terrorists have won the war on terror?

Obama has failed to show support to Ben Ali in Tunisia and Mubarak in Egypt, which both were loyal allies and fell to Islamic terrorists.

Abdelaziz Bouteflika of Algeria, Ali Abdullah Saleh of Yemen, royal families of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia are now battling for their lives, and Obama seems to be completely silent, instead he should be pledging his unequivocal support to these allies so they can stop the Middle East becoming an Islamic Caliphate

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No.

Neither of those countries "fell to Islamic terrorists."

I'm just going to take a guess that you're a Beck watcher; or maybe the phrase "Islamic caliphate" is just part of your regular vocabulary. I could be wrong.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well, Bush failed to support his own country when he dumped our soldiers in Iraq.

And yes, I'm blaming Bush for this, because he refused for EIGHT YEARS to pursue bin Laden. We could have found him years ago. This problem kicked into high gear under his watch, and he did nothing. He is solely to blame, and you can deny that all you need, whatever makes you look awesome to the other conservatives who friend you online, but it was all pretty much Bush's responsibility during his ENTIRE presidency, and look where his ''hard work'' has gotten us? John Walsh has contributed to the capture of dozens of dangerous people every year, trumping Bush's track record with ease.

At least Obama's the type of war monger who knows where to search.

• 9 years ago

Not surprising that the right views the success of pro-democracy movements as victories for terrorism. That's the same stance they take on democracy in this country.

• Andy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No, he actually did the right thing by staying out of it. We don't need to spend MORE money on yet another war. Let them do what they want to each other as long as they don't attack us I really don't care what happens over there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I keep hearing that Obama should have done something. Fine. Just exactly what should he have done? All of these leaders you speak of are dictatorial, repressive and corrupt. Do you not believe their people should not rise up to defeat this? Come on, big boy, tell us YOUR game plan. While you are at it, please, tell all of us how many U.S. supported regimes have not come back to bite us in our **** at some point or another. Name one, please.

• beren
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I thought this was the democracy that Bush was spreading in the mid-East. Are you now saying it is a bad thing?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

These are evil people who torture their citizens who have no rights against the state. I think you should reconsider your support for kings and dictators.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

"You can't put democracy and freedom back into a box."

GWB.

• 9 years ago

Obama is WEAK!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.