Are there any volunteering programs similar to International Student Volunteers (ISV)?

I found a program I would love to volunteer with, but it is veryyyyy expensive. For 5 weeks it would cost around $5,000. The resason I really like ISV though is because its not just volunteering. For the first week you are living with a host family for a spanish emersion program. Then you volunteer for 2 weeks which i wanted to do somthing with the children in the community. Then for the last 2 weeks you go on an adventure tour which is what makes this different than any other program i have heard of. I would travel all around the Dominican Republic-- which is where i wanted to go with ISV-- and they have tons of fun activities planned like horseback riding, white water rafting, hiking, canyoning, swimming in the ocean, and so many other awesome things. If anyone knows any program that is remotely similar that would be awesome. Thanks!!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

go to goabroad.com, they have lots of options there for you ;)

not spam :P

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

properly it could make you sense such as you're returned residing house, they have some rather risky creratures there. snakes fer-de-lance,bushmaster,eye lash vipers,various species of black widows,poison dart frogs,clia clias, which the well known snack is the fer de lance,crocs,caimens,yet they dont have the fairway anaconda a minimum of,they have some smaller variations with an identical nasty ideas-set however,then there is the beautiful little vampire bats,and dragon flies which will combat you over the espresso pot interior the mornings. yet incredibly costa rica is rather especially, friendly to three quantity,theft is taken with no attention and you may as properly assume it first hazard somebody gets. relies upon on the place you're going additionally port limon, has a greater robust inhabitants of mestizo indians and african respectable human beings,different aspects are indiginous tribes interior the top area of the atlantic coast.the pacific coast in play land for the main area,only pay attention anyplace off of costa rica is shark territory additionally. massive bull sharks to overly great hammerheads to makos to the great white.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.