Do you ever get a connection in your email from the uk saying things about money?

Women and men saying they represent people that have died and or dying and left large sums of funds and they need you to help them obtain them? Asking you to send information for them to contact you? They want to get you to do evangelistic work with their money? Are take a percentage of it and give them the rest? But you have to give them your bank number or address /phone number. Some claiming to be lawyers or commerce bank/loan people? Then you are to send some money to guarantee a safe transaction? some kind of fraud you think? I get these monthly sometimes a few days in a row. Even the FBI sent me something?i am not sure what is going on in the uk. I am sure it has something to do with questions and answers. They have my email address.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This is called the Nigerian scam, and has been going on for many years.

http://www.scambusters.org/NigerianFee.html

• 10 years ago

These are ALL scams. The reason you keep geting them is because you keep opening them. They know when you open the email so they know you are potentially gullible and will keep targeting you

There is NO money. First of all, email is NOT a valid legal address. if there was really money you would have received a certified letter mailed to your home address that required a signature on delivery

Second, if you are not a legal UK resident or an immediate relative of the person (spouse, parent, child, grandchild, first cousin) you have NO rights to inherit money from the UK so this has to be a scam

The FBI doesn't get involved in inheritance issues - they investigate criminals and terrorists

Forward any of these emails you receive to the FBIs IC3 division http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx or better yet, just stop opening them

Now that you are on a sucker list it's never going to stop. About the only thing you can do now is open a new account and ONLY give the address to friends and family. Never use it to sign up to any websites, mailing lists, etc

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

People are trying to scam you, that's all. It may be time to switch to a new email address, and one with better spam detectors and blocking capabilities.

• 10 years ago

We have strict laws about this in the UK.

If the emails are getting through it must be legit, Id give them your details if I were you :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.