Should I buy Super Mario Galaxy, or Super Mario Galaxy 2?

I have $55 only. I really like Mario! (I just beat Super Mario Bros. Wii.) I was wondering if I should save my money, buy Super Mario Galaxy, (I don't own it and its on sale for $40.) Or, buy Super Mario Galaxy 2. I don't know what to do! I really want the game.

Favorite Answer

for continuity purposes, i'd recommend getting SMG1, where everything is introduced.

although for Galaxy 2, Nintendo did a nice thing and made it like everyone forgot each other (characters you met in the first game will reintroduce themselves in the second) and made it as if the first game never existed.

if you don't care about how it continues, get SMG2, as it's just like an improved Super Mario Galaxy, making absolutely NO direct references to the first game, so you don't need to play 1 to understand 2. Plus you can ride Yoshi in this one, there is a lot more Power Stars for you to get, and there is a certain galaxy that pays homage to Super Mario 64.

Source(s): i have both, and love them. :D

The first Super Mario Galaxy is way better than the second, get the first one.

• Katie

Super mario galaxy one. I loved it. It's more of the beginning one, so start out with that. I'm not the best gamer, but the controls were pretty easy and the graphics are GREAT!!!!

the way i always do things is start with the first in the series generally most times if you like the first one the rest will be better and besides usually playing the first of any series helps a great deal cuz you get the general idea for the next but really its comes down to this to you want to start off with the best right away or lay the foundation so when you play part 2 u will be like this is easy. i know but from what i know of the series part one is easier AND TWO MORE DIFFICULT SO IT MIGHT be easier to start with one

i own both games i have to say super mario galaxy 2 .its is more intense and insanely fun n hard to play especially the green star.espcially the last few green star i was like out of breath playing the last few star so go for it u wont regret it.

as for part 1 its like the basic gameplay fun n easy but part 2. woo hoo!! so intense

Ps2 slim is better. I like

PlayStation 2

Product Features

Edition: Black

* DVD playback

* Digital surround sound

* 2 memory card slots

* Equipped with an integrated Ethernet port & modem port, for online play

* Ultra-slim 2.8 cm design, with half the weight of the original PS2 -- it's about the size & weight of a hardcover book, making it easy to carry & enjoy games and DVDs

Get the first one