University of Michigan or Michigan State University?

I'm torn between deciding which one is better. Unlike most Juniors my age, I do not know what I want to major or minor in, but I do know both schools have a lot of options for me in the future. My GPA is a 3.3 and I am taking the ACT next week. I'm taking all IB classes (college prep classes, a little similar to AP) and am a Michigan resident.

What are the pros and cons of each university?

Favorite Answer

I've heard both are great schools! Its totally normal to not know what you want to do yet, i didn't know what i wanted to major in until i was in classes i liked so you still have plenty of time to decide!

You should really check out studentadvisor.com. They have an awesome compare button and lets you look at the schools your are interested in side by side. They give you a break down on basically everything you need to know about the schools including all the majors they have! i hope this helps and good luck!

http://www.studentadvisor.com/compare/michigan-sta...

Their websites are a good place to start. It's University of Michigan, not Michigan University.

University of Michigan is definitely a better school. You need at least a 3.75 GPA, 27 ACT score, at least 2 AP or IB classes to get into U of M. For MSU you need at least 3.45., 24 ACT, at least one AP or IB classes. I am a U of M student had 4.0, 33 on ACT, 10 AP classes, 120 hours of volunteer, 3 varsity sports, etc. It's not as easy as you think to get into U of M. MSU isn't too hard, but you still lack a little on your GPA.

Source(s): U of M student majoring in computer Engineering