Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 years ago

Being told I look goth good or bad thing?

Well today I was sitting next to my friend in a coffee shop and I was sitting in a slouch,thigh on table,sort of thing.She took my hand and looked at my black nail polish and chipped off the polish a bit and asked me,"Are you emo?".I said,"Of course not!"Then she asked me,"Are you goth?"I then said,"No".She explained to me that I look like I am because I wear dark colors and sometimes I wear hair extensions that are dark pink or dark purple.She also told me is because whenever I wear make-up,I don't wear pink or bright colored lipstick,eye shadow,eye liner etc.She told me I just wear dark mascara and look pale too.

Is this a good thing to be told that or is it a bad thing?Am I actually dressing goth without knowing it?Please help.

Favorite Answer

first of all yes u r dressing goth get a piercing on ur lips and a tatoo and u will truly be goth

2nd it depends on person to person whether goth is good or bad for me personally it is disgusting but some ppl find them to have a mysterious air about them thus adding to the charm. to explain clearly some ppl like lady gagas dressing style and many dont including me

3rd yes ur frnd thinks goth are disgusting and pale face has nothing to do with goth u could easily be a vampire lol. interesting fact goth style is derived from vampires

Source(s): hope this helps and u choose me as the best answer

Firstly your friend is an idiot. She has no idea about what goth is and is just making moronic stereotypical assumptions. The media has brainwashed people into thinking black nail polish is "goth" or "emo" which is false. Listen goth has nothing to do with the fashion, it's a music subculture and if you don't listen to the music then your not goth. It's that simple. Has it crossed your dim-witted friend's mind that maybe you just don't like pink? Not all girls like pink or bright colors -.- Look at the Kardashians, they wear dark colors and black nail polish but are they goth? HECK NO!!! Tell her to not be stereotypical and judgemental. Tell her you like what you wear and feel comfortable wearing it. You don't assume she's a "prep" because she wears pink and bright colors so why should she assume you are "emo" or "goth" because you wear dark colors.

No not at all. Just make your self look a little more flirty by curling your hair or wearing a funky dark purple scarf to go over your dark clothing. but hell. i wear black nail polish too im not even close to goth ! maybe wear bronzer too. or if that doesnt fit the bill, wear a little blush to make a blossomy pop to the cheeks.

Depends on whether or not your find goth attractive.

I personally find very dark hair attractive, especially when it's on somewhat lighter skin. (I love Hispanic and Middle-Eastern guys!)

If you feel that you might look too goth and this bothers you, then just avoid black or don't wear it as much and wear more color. Either way, just do whatever your thing is, without too much regard to what others think.

• Berny

Is this a serious question? Who cares what other people think about you. All that matters is what you think about yourself. Tell the next person who calls you "goth" or "emo" that you dress how you want and that they should really stop caring about stupid labels.

i think u would know whether u are goth or not. but you should just wear brighter colors sometimes

Idks, depends on how you feel about it. No one really cares they're just stating that you look that way to them or something like tht but your not so who cares.

• sb

Goth isn't pretty... It's black clothes and pale skin- not attractive...If you are at that extreme, I would start inventorying your closet and add some color... warmer tones like blues, greens, brown...