Being told I look goth good or bad thing?

Well today I was sitting next to my friend in a coffee shop and I was sitting in a slouch,thigh on table,sort of thing.She took my hand and looked at my black nail polish and chipped off the polish a bit and asked me,"Are you emo?".I said,"Of course not!"Then she asked me,"Are you... show more Well today I was sitting next to my friend in a coffee shop and I was sitting in a slouch,thigh on table,sort of thing.She took my hand and looked at my black nail polish and chipped off the polish a bit and asked me,"Are you emo?".I said,"Of course not!"Then she asked me,"Are you goth?"I then said,"No".She explained to me that I look like I am because I wear dark colors and sometimes I wear hair extensions that are dark pink or dark purple.She also told me is because whenever I wear make-up,I don't wear pink or bright colored lipstick,eye shadow,eye liner etc.She told me I just wear dark mascara and look pale too.

Is this a good thing to be told that or is it a bad thing?Am I actually dressing goth without knowing it?Please help.