Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Let the blame begin, Somali pirates killed the American hostages , How is this Obamas fault?

How will fox spin this into blaming Obama ? I blame the Pirates and the Stupid americans who were sailing in hostile waters.

Shovel ready we can not protect all Americans when they leave the US . Personal responsibility was the problem here ,they knew this has been happening and they chose to go there.The US Military was there when it happened trying to negotiate

crow t robot? are all somalis pirates ? kill everyone in somalia ? you sound like Bush

orange mom/ i did not say they were ,but I will guarantee you they will

up yours / yes I served but not on the comfort of a warship. I have heard the bullets going over my head a sound you will never forget

He has done nothing ? wasn't it about a year ago when navy seals took back a ship and killed the pirates

• Favorite Answer

they will blame him.

Source(s): I can see money dripping off boehner
  • Noah H

I'm a hard core Obama fan, but I'm inclined to gig him for not sending in the marines to totally dismantle this pirate enterprise. I believe it was President Jefferson who sent the US navy and marines to North Africa...the shores of Tripoli...to put an end to the piracy of Barbary Coast. We did it before, we should do it now. I'm sure there are some political considerations involved, but in the end we can't allow criminals to be the final word on the high seas. I did send Barack a letter concerning this, and evidently we do have warships patrolling the area....as are the Brits, the French, the Russians and the Chinese. Still, a marine landing that ends with the total destruction of these pirate enclaves seems like a better idea then just hoping to intercept these latter day Capt. Hooks.

Because he didn't do anything when they went after one of our war ships at that point the US should have said since the Somali government is basically encouraging the pirates that in fact the Somali government by their actions has declared war on the US. The US should then have started protecting ALL the ships and when a ship was attracted the mother ship should have been seized or sunk.

It won't happen because Obama really thinks the US is just wrong no matter what happens.

Non-issue, some idiots got killed by being idiotic, it should happen more often, the world would be a better place. Things like seatbelt and helmet laws only serve to keep stupid people alive and dilute the overall intelligence of this nation, that I blame on government not necessarily Obama. But his tanning tax keeps stupid people from getting cancer.

Obama may not be blamed for the killings but I bet his response or lack of response will be criticized. The "stupid Americans" had every right in the world to travel on international waterways without being murdered. Instead of criticizing these four harmless people you should be outraged that something like this happened no matter what the nationality of the victims.

I have already seen multiple people on here saying:

Obama should have sent the Navy! (He did.)

The pirates only attacked because they don't respect Obama! (Then why do they attack ships from Russia, England, France, etc., as well? Is Obama their president, too?)

Obama should send troops to attack the Somalis where they live! (And do that with what money? Not to mention how well that worked last time.)

Haven't looked at Fox today, but I'm sure Murdoch has something in mind to turn the tragedy into an attack on the President.

Maybe bring to light the reason why there are Somali Pirates to begin with. The wealthy nations have invaded Somalia territorial fishing grounds and have stolen all their fish - because Somalia doesn't have a government to enforce its territorial integrity. Forcing the poorest people in the world to turn from fishing to piracy. And if you say some bozo conservative BS - what would you do if someone invaded your property and stole all the food out of your fridge?

Oh I forgot - those people are brown people so it's OK to steal from them.

In this instance, I do not blame anyone but the pirates. In general, however, I blame Obama, Bush, Brown, and every other world leader who hasn't taken action to cancel the tickets of all pirates in this area. It is ridiculous that this has been allowed to continue.

*

• Di

He has no problem sending drones out to that accidentally kill and maim innocent bystanders in the Middle East therefore why not take out a nest of pirates in Somalia - we know where they are.

If we had a President with balls he would have identified the war lords running these Somali pirate operations and killed them all long ago, after they attacked an American flagged vessel.

What will his response be this time? Words

What is his response to Khadafi using war planes on civilians. More words.

Obama should be firing a dozen cruise missiles into khadafi's compound right now!

Not being a fan of BHO storming the craft was an is the right thing to do .Not giving in is the only way to stop pirates.