Need Police Tips! Have suspended-restricted license (that could be used to drive to work) Can I keep my job?!?

HAD TO RE-POST! I Live in California! I have a suspended license due to lapsing in insurance for 6 FREAKING days (I just turned 24 and was dropped without knowing though I was still paying). I'M the one who was hit by the guy (we were both STOPPED Already at a Stop light and his stick shift rolled into me from... show more HAD TO RE-POST!
I Live in California! I have a suspended license due to lapsing in insurance for 6 FREAKING days (I just turned 24 and was dropped without knowing though I was still paying). I'M the one who was hit by the guy (we were both STOPPED Already at a Stop light and his stick shift rolled into me from not braking fully during the red light on the hill.) Guy saw that I am an attractive well dressed college kid with a nice car so he tried to play the "my word against yours to steal your money" game. (BIG MISTAKE for him. I'm NO WAY rich, I had an extremely tough though pleasant upbringing, and I'm studying Law and have had grown up dealing with stuff like this). Anyway the cops were called because he wanted to lie to them. (I took a million pictures on my iphone so I could zoom in well.) NO DAMAGE was reported And the cops sided with me 100% and told him to take a hike (I have the police report in my hand. The idiot tried to say I damaged his engine LOL).

So anyway he called his insurance the LAST day possible AFTER he agreed IN FRONT OF THE COPS to let it go and he told them "his insurance" I hit HIM and they called the DMV (He tried to sue me for $14000, again LOL). The police report dug his grave but.Due to California law; even with no damage, I lost my license for a year because I lapsed in insurance (though I'm not at fault). I told them i got into law school at UCLA and need a license to continue working and being a productive member of society but it was too late (I called my insurance and explained to them the situation but they said they would've have covered me even with the lapse had we told them sooner (Which was my plan, but my Dad kept crying that its not a good idea; I called they behind my parents back anonymously and they told me this from day one, my dad definitely didn't help here). The DMV said I could drive to and from work though.

For work I'm a professional musician. I teach guitar and piano lessons (untaxed/cash), and I also play in a band for paying untaxed/cash gigs. I'm not certified I just trained to play well and teach for school money. With this job I go off of WEIRD HOURS. Band rehearsal is VITAL and at my friends house at sometimes 1:AM - 3:AM. I AM insured right now, and I have business cards so I'm wondering IF (BIG IF) I get pulled over and questioned if I'm coming from work - Will showing my guitar and my business card be enough proof that I REALLY AM just doing my job to provide an income?
Should I have a log book?
Or should i get a business teaching licence for guitar? (But then that doesn't cover the band rehearsal, just teaching but i could say I teach weird hours then)
I'm my OWN Employer, and this is a legit NEEDED STEADY income so will they understand?
Can I just say I'm heading to, or from work without them dwelling on that too much and them just getting to my ticket or whatever they pulled me over for?

I'm an EXCELLENT Driver and I'm not to proud to get a ticket granted I earned it, but i need to know that my evidence will be enough to show the cops (IF I was for some reason pulled over)

Thanks so Much. Any answers from Cops would be amazing. (Also "SIDE QUESTION" I had planned on becoming involved in Police work (Most likely volunteer/reserve due to my law career consuming the bulk of my time; or full time if I LOATH being a lawyer). Would having a suspended license kill my chances forever?

Pros - "Great leader past/present leadership" Amazing Extra curriculars" "Never curse" "Mentally stable and emotions are in check" "Respect authority" "Know right from wrong" (Never drank any alcohol (Did Bartend alot)" "Never smoked anything" "Never gambled" "Very athletic and educated" "people person" "very calm in the storm" "Know how to turn on bad cop if necessary" "Becoming an EMT -B in the summer"

Cons - "HORRIBLE credit due to identity thief from a family member so i can't press charges (This occasionally still happens) I'm more worried you guys would be upset that I haven't press charges as it occasionally still happens (I think you assume I'd be vulnerable to bribes and uniform abuse for behavior of family).

ADDITIONAL DETAILS!!!
Clarification - I apologize for the long message, as well as the punctuation and grammar defects. I am a former writer and I sometimes when tired ramble on to provide information though the organization looks questionable. Also There has been a passing in the family and I've been up 30 hours straight after sleeping 2 hours each the past 3 nights so my brain is drained.
The DMV said after I pay the fine the license will be RESTRICTED and I can drive to work, or to pick up a child if I have one, to and from school. (I AM INSURED Once again, just off my parents policy)
Update: I really encourage everyone to please consider my case honestly and realistically the way you would if you pulled me over or interviewed me for a position interning the academy (I was involved in a high school explores program in high school for police and I have family members who are cops in other states so I... show more I really encourage everyone to please consider my case honestly and realistically the way you would if you pulled me over or interviewed me for a position interning the academy (I was involved in a high school explores program in high school for police and I have family members who are cops in other states so I know the process). I dealt with a lot of pressure and have overcome a lot of unforeseen issues (just the last 6 months - Infected tumor, 32 units in one college semester while working and maintain a 4.0, family problems like you wouldn't believe) . I DO have a very VERY CLEAN record (Facts the polygraph test will prove accurate vs opinions) minus the credit (Which I KNOW will DQ me for most places, I'm willing to possibly apply everywhere though.)
Also I hear you about how not pressing charges is being an enabler. For now, I will not do so because it would kill the heart of someone close in my family (They may have a heart attack from it). I also though about changing my name, s
Update 2: social, - just TRUST me when I say it will make no difference, and this person can Easily access my stuff still. Sounds weird, I know. I WILL Close this chapter before I choose to begin a career in law enforcement but when I tell them EVERYTHING about my past this will be brought up quickly. I work with kids (when... show more social, - just TRUST me when I say it will make no difference, and this person can Easily access my stuff still. Sounds weird, I know. I WILL Close this chapter before I choose to begin a career in law enforcement but when I tell them EVERYTHING about my past this will be brought up quickly. I work with kids (when I teach instruments; it IS similar to babysitting - the process and payment) and I have been added to the lease of my parents house to help my credit (Its still GARBAGE due to SO MANY Points gone bad, but I have been CONSISTENT in MY interactions with CREDIT)
I appreciate ALL the comments and concern and read ALL of them. That said sorry once again for the gibberish LONG typed post with 2 separate questions. I ask you to please consider realistically my situation and how you'd think I'd be able to overcome it. Please consider that I will have a Doctrine as well in terms of education.
Update 3: I also spoke with and received the code (from the Mayor) which states that it is okay for me to perform and collect cash as payment under
"CALIFORNIA CODES

BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS CODE

SECTION 16100-16105"
Update 4: BTW I understand its a LONG; Unorganized, post by a TIRED Confused student. Sorry about the length and quality. That said: NO ONE is forcing you to read it. Again I DO appreciate it and your comments though
Update 5: First time using this Yahoo Q&A. I don't know how to edit it: it keeps adding more when I try to edit so I have to leave it long. Sorry - (Writing is a stress reliever for me and I ramble when tired, and my teachers/police mentors forced me to get in the habit of telling the WHOLE story so they can analyze it best)... show more First time using this Yahoo Q&A. I don't know how to edit it: it keeps adding more when I try to edit so I have to leave it long. Sorry - (Writing is a stress reliever for me and I ramble when tired, and my teachers/police mentors forced me to get in the habit of telling the WHOLE story so they can analyze it best) I'm going to UCLA LAW with a 4.0 BA in the fall- I WRITE ALOT some-days 30 pages worth of required essays for school). I understand it sucks
Update 6: LINK WITH SHORT VERSION OF QUESTION!!!!!!!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ApQ12FrMFTCW08w4qT9rad_ty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20110221192911AAmfHHw