Bry asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 9 years ago

do you think Amanda Knox is guilty or innocent?

i know nothing about this case, just that this girl an her boyfriend where convicted of killing her roommate and that not everyone thinks she's guilty. i find this interesting and was wondering about your opinion of her conviction

Favorite Answer

The evidence against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito is overwhelming. They gave completely different accounts of where they were, who they were with and what they were doing on the night of the murder. Neither Knox nor Sollecito have credible alibis despite three attempts each. All the other people who were questioned had one credible alibi that could be verified. Innocent people don’t give multiple conflicting alibis and lie repeatedly to the police.

The DNA didn’t miraculously deposit itself in the most incriminating of places.

An abundant amount of Raffaele Sollecito’s DNA was found on Meredith’s bra clasp. His DNA was identified by two separate DNA tests. Of the 17 loci tested in the sample, Sollecito’s profile matched 17 out of 17.

According to Sollecito’s forensic expert, Professor Vinci, Knox’s DNA was on Meredith’s bra.

Amanda Knox’s DNA was found on the handle of the double DNA knife and a number of independent forensic experts – Dr. Patrizia Stefanoni, Dr. Renato Biondo and Professor Francesca Torricelli – categorically stated that Meredith’s DNA was on the blade. Sollecito knew that Meredith’s DNA was on the blade which is why he twice lied about accidentally pricking her hand whilst cooking.

There were five instances of Knox’s DNA mixed with Meredith’s blood in three different locations in the cottage.

It’s not a coincidence that the three people – Knox, Sollecito and Guede – who kept telling the police a pack of lies are all implicated by the DNA and forensic evidence.

Amanda Knox voluntarily admitted that she was involved in Meredith’s murder in her handwritten note to the police on 6 November 2007. After she was informed that Sollecito was no longer providing her with an alibi, she stated on at least four separate occasions that she was at the cottage when Meredith was killed. At the trial, Sollecito refused to corroborate Knox’s alibi that she was at his apartment.

Knox accused an innocent man, Diya Lumumba, of murdering Meredith despite the fact she knew he was completely innocent. She didn’t recant her false and malicious allegation against Lumumba the whole time he was in prison. She admitted that it was her fault that Lumumba was in prison in an intercepted conversation with her mother on 10 November 2007.

She seemed like a typical sociopath, her roomate said she was just laughing and acting like nothing happened after the murder.

She was promiscuous, and seemed to use lots of drugs... Not that these things mean she's a sociopath but how she acted, she just struck me as one... And sociopaths will have no problem murdering someone they dislike.

The guy at the hardware store or whatever said she saw her come into buy cleaning supplies which she allegedly doesn't remember.

The prosecutor said they most likely met up with rudy to buy drugs.. what kind of drugs? Meth can make you do some crazy things when you are in that state of mind. You think you can do anything, like you are a god.

I highly doubt her only drug of choice was weed. I'm sure she was high on something, coupled with the fact that she disliked her roomate already, and on top of that she's a sociopath... she's TOTALLY guilty.

So I watched the movie last night and I'm a bit confused. Although they don't have solid evidence, her story just doesn't add up. It's like she doesn't even know what had happen or what she did the night. She said she wasn't there, then said she was, then continue on to say she thought she was imagining the things she said when she falsely accused the bar guy. I mean, you either did it or not, you were either there or not, and it seems like she just doesn't know. I don't know if they were like really high or something and killed the girl and just can't remember what they did. Plus the pics they showed of her when she was in seattle and the ones of her in Italy depicted two different people. She seemed normal in her pics in the U.S, but something about her eyes looked real cold and emotionless in those taken in italy.

i believe she is guilty because the rudy guy stated that her n boyfriend were fleeing the scene also regardless of evidence or not on them her story changed she lied on someone else she showed no sympathy for the murder victim untill her statement in court she was acting way to strange her and it was evident of her guilt. no one will know for sure how this crime went down but i strongly believe she had some part in it. its a dead give away at any crime when someone close does not show remorse or reacts emotionally towards the situation. personally i would have been devastated because it could hv been me and just the fact tht my roomate has been brutally murdered would hv probably sent me into a little shock.

It is hard to tell. I question the wisdom of letting someone that young live in a foreign country by themselves. That certainly doesn't let her off the hook if she did it, but most people in their early twenties, at least by today's twenty somethings, have not had the life experience to live in another country. She made some bad decisions over there and we'll see what happens.

• ?

accountable as sin she seems evil and is only too inconsistent in her memories i think of she replaced into to blame then rang anyone to look harmless i think she paid Rudy to do it and that could desire to be classed as homicide no longer an adjunct ect

I don't know much about the case... Watch it tonight on lifetime at 9 I think. I'll see what I think then

Guilty as charged...

Guilty.. And her parents are in trouble, too.

its so hard to tell, but she has been sentenced to 26 years in jail. Raffaele has 25 years of jail. these charges are much lighter than what the American Court would have given them.