What does "mentally attracted" mean?

Ok, this guy I just started talking to asked me in an email "what kind of guy are u looking for physically and mentally?". I of course know what the physically part means....but I'm not sure how I answer the mentally part.

Like...if I say I want someone who is romantic, generous, understanding...that kind of stuff. Is that what he means by what I want mentally in someone? If not...can u guys/girls give me examples of answers to this question. Thanks.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Casey
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Physically they mean: Height, weight, eye color, ect.

Mentally they mean: Funny, smart, ect...

• Lora
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No, honey that's not what mental means. What you explained is just characteristics of what you want in a guy. Mental means having an intellectual connection...........like being able to think what the other person is thinking.......no words are needed. You can basically finish each other's sentences.

• 9 years ago

He might mean personality-wise, but I would take it to mean maturity level. I don't know your ages, but you could say something like, "Mentally, I'm looking for a guy who is mature and responsible. A guy who can take care of himself," etc. You can tell him the qualities you listed in your example too. As long as you tell him qualities you're looking for, you shouldn't worry about this question.

• 9 years ago

being attracted to mental aspects means what do you look for in a guys personality.. We cant really answer that for you because we dont know what kind of guy you want.. What kind of personality traits do you like in a guy? funny? smart? laid back? easy going? goal oriented? what kind of hobbies? things of that nature..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Having compatible personalities. Enjoying conversation and spending time with the person. You don't find the guy to be cute, but a bore ... for example.

• 4 years ago

yup, they mean the same. It's just 'mentally challenged' is now the accepted or politically correct term. Mentally retarted used to be used all the time decades ago.

• 9 years ago

it means that he likes your personality over your looks

• 3 years ago

Lora, isn't it called "telepathy"? the rarest of the rare kind of all though..

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It just means your personality (funny, nice, open, etc.)

• 9 years ago

what kind of personality do you like

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.