Betta eye problems please help?

My Betta is a veiltail (so badly bred) so there is a possibillity of genetic problems (Like his slight gill deformities)... But I recently upgraded him from a little 3 gallon kritter keeper to a 10g with a light. In the light I noticed he has some white specks on both of his eyes, and in the right lighting the... show more My Betta is a veiltail (so badly bred) so there is a possibillity of genetic problems (Like his slight gill deformities)...

But I recently upgraded him from a little 3 gallon kritter keeper to a 10g with a light. In the light I noticed he has some white specks on both of his eyes, and in the right lighting the pupils flash red.

He seems to react like a normal Betta... but I imagine even a blind Betta wouldn't bump ino things because of their lateral line. No he does not have pop eye. When ever I test his vision, I can't tell if he feels slight vibrations from the floor or actually sees me...