kagi
kagi asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 9 years ago

What is a good natural remedy for treating high blood pressure?

I was diagonosed with high blood pressure five years ago.Took diovan for until recently. I have no insurance now, and cannot afford doctors and prescriptions.

Best Answer

Remember hon that high blood pressure can and does cause heart attacks and strokes. Go to or call your local health department and find out where there is a free or low cost clinic you can go to, and go there with Walmart's list of $4.00 medications. I know they have blood pressure medicine on that list. Don't delay dear, you're risking everything.

Source(s): Life experience

3 years ago, I was diagnosed - hypertension with a reading of 160/100. I used to feel dizzy a lot, my legs had awful cramps, and levels were very low in my potassium, causing my fingers and toes to always cramp together. One day I started to feel really faint while I was driving with my daughter in the back seat and I passed out, hitting 3 cars and ending up in a ditch. That moment,I knew I had to do something because my meds weren't working. I heard about this diet from a friend and thought I'd give it a shot. The results have been remarkable. In just 21 days, I honestly can't remember feeling this good, my blood pressure went from 175/110 to 125/70.

Not an African American but related to some. I am not close enough for too much of the real gris-gris but am a natural remedies magpie. High blood pressure is not just from too much salt (sea salt and celery salts the best) but from stress. Dance sure does alleviate that for a bit. Anemia can come from lack of iron but b-vitamins are a factor too. The Amaranth Grain once grown in North Africa to feed Pharaohs soldiers is a fabulous side dish for any soul food entrees and takes most seasonings well but is not as easy to cook as couscous from bulgar. Dr D'Adamo has a great book called "Eat Right for your Type" and goes into proper physical maintenance based on blood groups, many African Americans have type "O" blood and this part of the book may be of interest to you. I follow a generally vegetarian diet recommended for the "A" blood type but do eat a bit of animal protein when my hypoglycemia acts up.

here is the answer that won a nobel prize .......... its called nitric oxide and it is made in the lining of your arteries , and the building block of nitric oxide is L arginine along with L cittruline ,

it causes you arteries to make much more nitric oxide which in turn dilates all blood vessels in the body from head to toe , so L arginine reverses heart disease , and arterial plaque dissolves , and blood pressure is no longer a problem . and the cardiovascular system becomes younger ,

if you want to learn more then watch the videos below , they are from medical doctors and one of the videos will be dr ignarro who won the nobel prize for discovering what it is that dilates blood vessels ,

which is nitric oxide .

======

and yes vitamin d is critical IF you have enough in your system , dr cannell md suggest 5,000 units daily ,

and vitamin d is not a vitamin , it is hormonal , and most people are deficient especially in winter and or more northern climates .

the links are from medical doctors who are not drones so to speak , so learn and live :-)

Best things you can do: Be within you weight range, do not smoke, low sodium diet is very important, and cardiovascular exercise is also beneficial. Some people even with these lifestyle modifications may still have HBP, you may still need medications anyway.

Cozaar™ is in the same class as Diovan™, with the added benefit of being the only drug in its class to be available generically (losartan potassium).

I've heard getting plenty of Vitamin D can help, but it's not a proven remedy.

Hi

For your problem of hypertension you can use ARJUNA TVAK (Herbal Drug) SHEER PAK-Twice Daily......

Use 1 peace of garlic early morming (empty stomach) with luke warm water

Do this for 1 month & see the result

Kind regards

www.ayurvedahimachal.com

Source(s): www.ayurvedahimachal.com

Marijuana causes low blood pressure, so that should do the trick my friend.