If being gay were a choice, why would anyone be exclusively gay?

I was reading my regular news searches for anything dealing with LGBT, and as usual came across the typical conservative response of it being a choice. My question is, if being sexuality were a choice, why would anyone choose to be exclusively gay over being bisexual? It wouldn't make any sense for a person who is already being "sexually deviant" to limit their options, now does it?

I really don't get the political right sometimes.

* * *:

True, but it's still fun to come up with questions like these to watch them squirm.

Cassie: good idea

Unfortunately, R&S wasn't nearly as interesting as we had hoped. Just as backwards as ever I suppose.

@Prop 8 Watch: You're comparing drugs to sex. The two are not analogous. Different drugs do different things, and people have different reactions to each of these drugs on a bio-chemical level. Sex is a physical act. If a person could choose to find enjoyment from having sex with any gender they felt like, then what's to stop them from doing so? There are downsides to doing drugs, but regular sex is actually healthy for you, regardless of the gender of the partner.

Ergo, your comment is nonsensical.

• * * *
    Favorite Answer

The far right have their heads stuck so far up their a$ses, it's a lost cause. Trying to make sense of their "logic" is a waste of time.

Its no longer solely a call. twin study instruct an inheritance of approximately 50%. The inclination is in all probability a genetic spectrum which may be inspired via discovering and modeling. that's in many circumstances whilst in comparison with playing the piano... people get greater beneficial at issues they prepare, in accordance to their organic tendencies. some are quite proficient, and in basic terms could pay attention a track numerous circumstances to have the means to reproduce it. Others won't in any respect study it no count number how difficult they attempt. via ways, did you observe one in all those super form of, many questions right here that bypass alongside the strains of, "am I gay?" absolutely everyone has to confess that we are in complicated circumstances, the place sexuality is hijacked via consumerism, the place fatherhood is made exciting-of via the "Simpsons" and vulgar exhibits like the "kinfolk guy".... Psychologist warn that toddlers now no longer form their mothers and fathers, yet one yet another! And we study via modelling. the outcomes are one in all those super form of broken lives and at a loss for words identities.

• I completely agree! That is a very, very good question. You should post it in R&S as well. I suspect you'd get more opposing viewpoints there, and that would be interesting... =)

Personally, I'm a panromantic asexual, and I am VERY happy being panromantic. I definitely wouldn't want to change that and become exclusively heteroromantic or homoromantic, even if I were able to. (Which I'm not, of course.)

I'm actually not sure. I love LOVE women and it's a part of who I am but sometimes I wonder...

If it were a choice, being heterosexual would be an easy way out.

• Dass

I've said before if I had the choice I'd be bisexual.

But I don't.

@Prop 8: I've just realized the only reason you're targeting me is because I keep responding. Rest assured, these will be the last time I bite for a while. You are a useless asswipe, and people like you (trolls) are ruining the internet.

Sexuality comes from a grab bag.

I believe sexuality is a big spectrum, and that 10% of people are gay and other 10% are straight while there rest are in between the gay-straight spectrum= also called the"gray areas".

I think it's illogical how anyone thinks sexual attraction is a choice, regardless of gender and sexual orientation.

Never take 'opinions' seriously from someone who has no experience with it. They talk from third person perspective, their opinions considered as speculation not fact.

if i could choose i wouldn't be exclusive. it would be limiting my choices too much