Unknown Computer Virus?

My friend recently got inflected by a computer virus. Or so I thought? According to my friend, she was downloading music when an AVG popup window appear saying she had 20 or so viruses and to pay now to clean it. However, when she checked her McAfee Security Center no virus were detected. She brung it over to my... show more My friend recently got inflected by a computer virus. Or so I thought? According to my friend, she was downloading music when an AVG popup window appear saying she had 20 or so viruses and to pay now to clean it. However, when she checked her McAfee Security Center no virus were detected. She brung it over to my dorm since I've seen my fair share of viruses and because I had a 2009 Norton software I was going to scan it. But when I opened it, it appeared to be clean.

The AVG popup window didn't say she had 20 virus but still shows up every once in a while. And we scanned it and after 1 hour we still didn't find anything more than a tracking cookie. However, it won't allow her to get on the internet asking if she wants to run iesafemood.exe from an unknown publisher. I am still convinced she might be infected since some virus use AVG as a cover and she didn't recognize it, but from what? Any ideas.
Update: I just ran it in safe mode and opened AVG. It said the virus is email-worm.zhelatin found in c:\WINDOWS\System32\msdt.exe. It is not askinf ro payment. Rather it's a free trail asking if I want it gone. Can I trust it?
Update 2: Also, the infected computer CAN NOT get on the INTERNET. So directing to and site is useless.