Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 9 years ago

Eli Lilly threatens Indiana for Immigration Efforts?

Eli Lilly and Co. says immigration bill before state lawmakers would give Ind. bad image

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/08458...

INDIANAPOLIS — One of Indiana's biggest employers is warning that a bill calling for an Arizona-style crackdown on illegal immigration in the state would give Indiana a bad image.

Indianapolis-based drugmaker Eli Lilly and Co. also says the bill would hurt the company's ability to attract top workers.

=====================================================

I see this as black mail. Can them be prosecuted?

Update:

The more I think about this, the more I see it as blackmail. Further, Indian is a huge market for Eli Lilly drugs, and threatening Indiana is one very ugly thing to do. I think there should be a response!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jan
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Hmmm...are they saying their top workers are illegal aliens? Pretty scary if that is the case.

• 9 years ago

well, major businesses throw their weight around all the time, which is how they get sweetheart deals on taxes, and football stadiums for that matter. However, I agree with Yak Rider, this is only concerned with illegal aliens, so I don't see what that has to do with attracting top workers who are all petitioned to come to the US through USCIS.

• Brenda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Okay so I love Christel Khalil so I don't want to see her go. Dru has been gone this long so guess she can just stay gone. Though I love Victoria Rowell too. So either they get along and do the show or they don't bring Dru back!

• 9 years ago

If the "top workers" are not illegal aliens they have nothing to worry about.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, they are simply wrong. When is enforcing the law wrong? On the contrary, if IN enforces the law they are more likely to attract quality workers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.