anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 9 years ago

where can i park my bike in the city if theres no bike racks?

if i get a job somewhere and theres no bike rack on the premises where can i park my bike safely?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Anywhere you can by using BOTH a good U-Bolt lock and a cable or thick chain. Against a light post. parking meter, stop sign or street sign. Better yet...ask the boss if there is a place inside where you can bring the bike - still lock it up. See link below.

• Alice
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Ask your employer about it. Many employers are keen to be seen to help employees with things like this, especially when it doesn't cost them anything - they may let you leave your bike indoors somewhere, in a cupboard or stock room maybe. Also lots of them want to think of themselves as "green", again especially if it doesn't cost them anything.

If you have to leave it outside somewhere on the street, you should pick somewhere public where it will be overlooked all day, don't leave it in the same place every time, ride a bike that isn't ery expensive so it is less likely to attract theives, and lock it properly with a secure D-lock.

Cable locks aren't nearly as good as D-locks, and buy a good quality D-lock. Make sure you know how to lock it too http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=389

Then it should be fine :-)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Park it next to a solid post like a power pole or street lamp and chain it up with a solid logging chain in a plastic hose that will not scratch your bike with a hefty padlock. Do not use a street sign or anything that can be removed with 1 bolt. U bolts and cables are junk. Ask any bike courier. Chain up both wheels as well and anything else that can be easily removed. good luck

• 9 years ago

Before you decide park your bike. Make sure there's no sign that says no bicycle parking. That's your first clue.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Somber

Park it inside the store in a storage or mechanical room. Lock it up there to a fixed object!

Soccerref

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

oh good grief

fence

parking meter

light pole

garbage can

pipe

metal railing

inside the store or work place

tree

sign

ANYTHING

wle

• 9 years ago

you could park it on a pole with a tight lock.

• Tim C
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Chain it to a light pole.

• 9 years ago

Right outside the store where u can see it through a window

• 9 years ago

Next to the Golden Arches

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.