Meeting the parents....?

I know what to do e.g be polite, compliment the food/house etc, but I was wondering, from the girl's perspective, how long do you wait before introducing your boyfriend to your parents + what does it mean if she does? That she wants to get serious?......

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

From my *girl* perspective, I usually wait a month or two. I want to make sure that the relationship has potential before I involve my family. It doesn't necessarily mean I am puppy-dog eyed, head over heels in love, but it does mean that I am thinking seriously about the possibility of getting serious. I am not someone who thinks that I need my parents approval to continue dating someone, but I do value their opinion, so I would want to see what they think before I really discuss taking it to the next level. This is me at the age of 27 though.

When I was younger (like, 18 and under), parents had to meet him before I could leave the house with him ;)

Source(s): I have a girl perspective =)

If she has suggested introducing you to her parents then it sounds to me like she see's some potential in the relationship. It doesn't mean things are going to get mega serious but it does mean that she see's you as part of her life now so she wants the people closest to her to meet you. Go, be polite etc. but above all be yourself and things will be fine.

Good luck!

When you come in, make sure to introduce yourself, shake hands, smile and complement what they are wearing> Make sure to say the food is "absouloutly delicious" and ask them about their hobbies, intrests, tv shows...stuff like that. (to keep a conversation going) And yes if you introduce your boyfriend to the parents, it means you want to take the next step. Good luck!!

Hope they love him :)