Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 10 years ago

does men get a longer sentence for hitting a women than a women hitting a man?

I'm 14 and i have to right a discursive essay on sexism. I was going to add a point about how men get a longer sentence but i can't find any information to back it up. Can anyone help?

Favorite Answer

Here are more than a few search terms to do an internet search for, I commend you on your chosen subject this is a VERY important subject that needs more awareness, i hope your interest in this subject will not end at the end of your assignment. Good luck.

U.S. Department of Justice Office of Justice Programs Bureau of Justice Statistics

Abused Men

misandry

Equal but Different

Fathers for life

Feminist Critics

Glenn Sacks

Guilty by Default

Male Matters

Mensrightsblogs

MND

The Counter-Feminist

The happy misogynist

TMOTS

Toy Soldiers

Warren Farrell

What Men are saying about Women

Source(s): study of inequality for fathers

One of the many double standards yes a man gets a longer sentence. I saw a reporting that men are more abused then women. Skinny dudes getting hit on by big fat ladies but they don't have the balls to fess up about it and get the help they need.

Source(s): tv show i saw.
  • sandie

in some states both combatants are arrested. some states "equality" by putting women in jail when men were fagins. the sentencing may be by the injury inflicted or the number of times the man has abused a woman. my friends son did 11 months for permanently damaging his girl friend and her van. ironically, she was the abused women's center director. that was his third strike. she was asleep in bed when he came home drunk and angry. she had put him out of the car after he began a drunken tirade.

You are more likely to get sentenced as a man hitting a woman. A woman hitting a man is sometimes waved off.

It's a myth, in my humble opinion.

Each case is different and depends on the individual circumstances, whether it be abuse by a man or abuse by a woman.

However, I do believe that men are more reluctant to report it when a woman is abusing them.