Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 10 years ago

Windows XP Blue Screen!?

I was answering some PS3 questions on Yahoo Answers and suddenly my computer (Windows XP 2004) popped up a blue screen and said " A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer." So, it restarted and I logged in to find a message displayed on my desktop saying " WARNING, YOU'RE IN DANGER! YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN INFECTED WITH SPYWARE!" Please Help.

Favorite Answer

Sounds like a virus known as "System Tool" (as opposed to system tools, which is a part of Windows. Try searching for a virus removal program to remove the virus (use a free one, as the virus is also part of a scam to relieve you of $20!!). If that doesn't work, you'll have to reformat the entire drive; back up ALL your current programs, data, and/or files before you insert the Windows XP disk.

Make sure your anti-virus and anti-malware definitions are up to date. Once that is done reboot the machine in safe mode. Once you are in safe mode perform a full system scan with your anti-virus and anti-malware products to find and re-mediate any virus and malware infections you may have suffered.

To boot your machine into safe mode, reboot it, and hit F8 prior to Windows loading. If you aren't familiar with this process just keep hitting F8 until you are present with a boot menu that allows you to select Safe Mode, among many other options.

Source(s): Computer Repair Professional at www.computingsolutionskc.com