I need help choosing a math topic for my research project?

My math teacher has assigned a research project. He wants a topic to be chosen by the 22nd of Feb. He also wants a 3- 5 page essay written about that topic (due in May).

Here's the rubric:

1. Find a topic that interests you and think about how it relates to mathematics (virtually any topic relates to mathematics).

2. Keeping in mind your topic’s mathematical connections, research this topic using:

• A library (school, community, and/or college)

• The Internet

• Newspapers, magazines, journals, etc. (may be found on-line)

• You will include in your paper a Works Cited Page with at least three different sources (this may include only one cleared internet site).

3. Write a typed 3 to 5 page paper on your topic’s relevance to mathematics. Follow the MLA format as required by the English Department. Use the following questions as a guide:

• Why did you choose your particular topic?

• How is your topic related to mathematics?

• To which field(s) of mathematics is it related (i.e. algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, etc.)?

• What mathematical concepts are involved (i.e. slope, completing the square, conic sections, etc.) and have we covered them in this class?

• What interesting mathematical consequences (to be explained in class) did you discover?

• What new subjects in mathematics have you encountered?

PLEASE HELP. I don't know what to do.

Best Answer

Hint: Do some research on math topic that you like. You can use your notes to do the research project! Once you got that down, set up the outline. Then, create the project!

Hope this helps!

Source(s): Experience
  • Erica

What about finding all possible decimals of the Pi number?!