R&P: Favorite songs, "great lyricists" edition?

Hit me, R&P! Billy Bragg: David Bowie: David Byrne [Talking Heads]: Elvis Costello: Frank Zappa: George Harrison [with or without the Beatles]: Ian Anderson [Jethro Tull]: Joe Strummer [The Clash]: John Flansburgh/John Linnell [They Might Be Giants]: Joni Mitchell: Leonard Cohen: Michael Stipe... show more Hit me, R&P!

Billy Bragg:
David Bowie:
David Byrne [Talking Heads]:
Elvis Costello:
Frank Zappa:
George Harrison [with or without the Beatles]:
Ian Anderson [Jethro Tull]:
Joe Strummer [The Clash]:
John Flansburgh/John Linnell [They Might Be Giants]:
Joni Mitchell:
Leonard Cohen:
Michael Stipe [REM]:
Neil Diamond:
Patti Smith:
Randy Newman:
Tom Waits:
Warren Zevon:

BQ: Your favorite songwriter not on here, and your favorite lyrics/song of his or hers.

This is not an exhaustive list, nor is it meant to be. Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen would have been included, but have already been in 'favorite songs' questions recently, so are omitted. Same thing with the Stones. Harrison is my personal favorite out of the Beatles, so that's why he's here in lieu of the others -- and if I asked for a Beatles song, 99% would be Lennon/McCartney anyway, so I consider him sufficiently different. And, yes, Zappa and TMBG are indeed great lyricists in my book -- you have to be clever songwriters to come up with what they have.

Most TUs on a legit answer = BA.
Update: Youtube links are welcome, too. I'll post my list upon selecting the BA!
Update 2: Clarification: Please pick favorite songs (if you have them) out of the list here! The BQ is indeed to choose your own. Thanks!
11 answers 11