Tell me something about Ohio !!?

Hi there!

Tell me something about Ohio...

What is typical for that state?

What are people like and what are the best-known stereotypes?

weather and so on... just let me know the most important things =)

Thanks so much :-)

Favorite Answer

One commonality in Ohio is a love of sports, especially football. Unlike in most states, Ohio State's Buckeyes are beloved by most Ohioans, even if they follow the sports teams of other universities. Yet sports loyalties for major league baseball and football are divided between Cleveland, Cincinnati and even Pittsburgh (in far eastern Ohio).

Ohio also has relatively excellent libraries and park systems compared with many states. Ohio's metroparks (county nature preserves) are somewhat unique in their size and community support.

Northern Ohio is more liberal while southern Ohio is more conservative.

Ohio has four distinct seasons of weather. Snowfall is much more pronounced in the northern part of the state, especially east of Cleveland, due to "lake effect" snow resulting from moisture lifted by weather systems from Lake Erie and Lake Huron before they are covered with ice. Lake Erie cools northern Ohio in the spring and early summer, and warms the region in the fall, a favorite season for many Ohioans, perhaps partially because it is football season.

Cleveland is one of the nation's leading cultural centers, especially as the home of the Cleveland Orchestra, one of the best in the world. Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center are the orchestra's world-class performance venues. The Cleveland Museum of Art, which offers free admission, is the best in Ohio and one of the best in the nation. Cleveland's Playhouse Square is the second largest theater complex in the U.S. after Lincoln Center in New York City.

Cincinnati, Toledo, and Dayton also have superb art museums.

The Columbus Zoo often is ranked among the nation's best, and Cincinnati and Cleveland also have very good zoos.

Dayton is the aviation history mecca of the world with both the superb U.S. Air Force National Museum, also with free admission, and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, which features the world's first airplane, housed at Carillon Historical Park, and Huffman Prairie Flying Field, where the Wright brothers perfected controlled powered flight and first flew their invention.

Ohio's people are diverse, living both in rural areas and great cities. The stereotypes likely are among political lines, as in much of the country.

One thing that I've learned is that many Ohioans know relatively little about other parts of the state!

Note: Debbie is right, I did forget about Cedar Point in Sandusky. The Lake Erie islands, especially Put-in-Bay and Kelleys Island, Ohio Amish country southeast of Cleveland, and the Hocking Hills southeast of Columbus are other popular and great destinations in Ohio.

Ohio is the most perfect place ever. I have been all over the US and Jamaica and nothing is more beautiful then ohio. the 4 seasons are really nice. in 1 year the temp could be as low as 10 below or as high as 105. A lot of wildlife.

Seeking Answers has the best answer by far but he forgot to add Cedar Point, the BEST BEST BEST roller coaster park in the country (located in Sandusky, Ohio)!!! King's Island in Cincinnati is okay but doesn't come close to Cedar Point's national recognition as one of the greatest amusement parks on the planet. I lived in Ohio for over 20 years and everyone who came to visit me requested a trip to the Point, and I was very happy to oblige!

I've beem to Ohio numerous time. We take long weekends to Put-In-Bay and my mother-in-law lives in Dayton but what do you want to know?

• Vince

Cleveland is in Ohio.

It may be bad there.

But at least it's not Detroit.

cold in winte but hot in summer

Source(s): live there

It's flat and cold. and cleveland sucks. sorry, from pittsburgh.