State switch tax help?

Gained my income in Arkansas. Then moved to Mississippi a few months I need an Arkansas state tax form? Also, I was underage when I had my job & lived in AR. Does that mean someone from my old household can claim me on taxes? (my mom?)

1 Answer

  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes you will need to file a 1040 federal income tax return and also the Arkansas state income tax return.

    Sound like you were also a resident of Arkansas until a few months ago unknown number of months ago.

    Now a resident of Ms. since a few months ago and do you have any income that you have earned since the few months ago move to Ms in the tax year 2010 that would also have to entered added to your Ar. income and included on your correctly completed 1040 federal income tax return.

    And income earned in 2010 while working in Ms. would also require you to have to file a Ms nonresident state income tax return.

    Yes using all of your above enclosed information I will guess that you probably were and may still be a qualifying child dependent of another taxpayer for the tax year 2010 and might still be for the tax year 2011 when you file the 2011 tax year return in the year 2012.

    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful for your situation and good luck to you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.