prem asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 9 years ago

Can I administer Clarithromycin within 2 months for my 3 yr old daughter due to throat infection?

Doctor in India prescribed Clarithromycin for my 3 yr old daughter on Jan 15 for 4 days due to throat infection. Now we are in canada and my daughter got throat infection, doctor in canada prescribed clarithromycin again on Feb 18 for 10 days? Is it advisable to administer clarithromycin within such a short frequency of 2 months? Will the antibiotic loose its power ? Pls advise.

Favorite Answer

Of course it is if it's been prescribed by your doctor.

"your child needs to develop immunity!"

You're not the one going to be sued when the kid does of septic shock are you.

If you completed your daughter's previous course of clarithromycin then it should work as before. An antibiotic loses its "power" because bacteria begin to develop resistance to it. One of the reasons bacteria gain resistance is when an antibiotic course or treatment is not completed.

"Love the hemi prefer the diesel" does not know what he's talking about. Obviously he is also not a doctor. Your daughter might get serious complications from a simple but untreated strep throat. Keep giving her the antibiotic and inform her doctor of any changes.

Good luck!

Source(s): I have practiced as a GP for the past four years.
  • no! your child needs to develop immunity! besides will learn how to heal itself that and youre no doctor!!