Ted Williams or Joe DiMaggio?

Who was the better player? No doubt in my mind that Ted was by far the better hitter. But who was the better player in your opinion? I have to go with Ted because Joe may have been great all around, but Ted wasn't a below average fielder, and in his youth ran the baseball pretty well, and IMO he is the... show more Who was the better player? No doubt in my mind that Ted was by far the better hitter. But who was the better player in your opinion? I have to go with Ted because Joe may have been great all around, but Ted wasn't a below average fielder, and in his youth ran the baseball pretty well, and IMO he is the greatest hitter ever and that can only be rivaled by Babe Ruth and Roger Hornsby.
Update: @Daniel: Oh yes because being on a dynasty team is sooooo hard isn't it? Get real kid. Switch DiMaggio and Williams' teams and Williams would have gotten as many rings or more. The proof is in Williams' stats! Look how many times he led the league in runs scored and RBI, often at the same time. In 49' he had... show more @Daniel: Oh yes because being on a dynasty team is sooooo hard isn't it? Get real kid. Switch DiMaggio and Williams' teams and Williams would have gotten as many rings or more. The proof is in Williams' stats! Look how many times he led the league in runs scored and RBI, often at the same time. In 49' he had over 150 in each category. Joe's best WAR in a season isn't as good as Williams' 3rd best in a season.
Update 2: @Jeffery S: I just ask wondering what people's opinions and if I might learn something. Joe was hurt by his home park but Ted still was ahead of him. Ted also completely dominated the league in BA, OBP and SLG%. Ted also had many more years on him, 22( including missed war years) and Joe (16). And there OPS+,... show more @Jeffery S: I just ask wondering what people's opinions and if I might learn something. Joe was hurt by his home park but Ted still was ahead of him. Ted also completely dominated the league in BA, OBP and SLG%. Ted also had many more years on him, 22( including missed war years) and Joe (16). And there OPS+, 190 and 159. I don't think that ball park would raise him 31 points in OPS+.