Should humans pay for sex? Is that really immoral?

Our ethical codes change through the ages, should paying sex remain a sin? Or we must redefine our principals?

Favorite Answer

I can't for the life of me understand why having sex with strangers for free is legal but having sex even with someone you know for money is illegal, or why having sex for pay on camera is legal but having sex for pay in private is illegal. If I have sex with someone and they buy me a house-- legal. If I have sex with someone and they give me $500-- illegal. It makes no sense to me at all.

Never mind that anti-prostitution laws do *nothing* to protect sex workers at all, and actually place them and their clients more in harm's way than if sex work was legal, taxed and regulated.

I don't think this is your conclusion at all. I'm atheist but even I know religions are against pre-marital sex. Pfft. DOES sex leave everyone with a feeling of loss? Not me. Guilt? Nope. And in my opinion if you kill someone in defense in no way is that immoral. I would kill anyone if it was a 'kill or be killed' situation. I tink you need to have another think.

Humans DO pay for sex. What do people think 'romance' is ? It's a trading in commodities of a personal nature:

protection

raising of children

good genes

shelter

someone to be a father to my kids

provision of food

expertise in sex

happy feelings

likely prospect for a good career (and thus money)

big ****

cute face

rugged hansomeness

hard body

What is all that ? They're commodities, like rice or corn or oil.

The whole 'romance' thing is just a prop for the card, candy, music and flower industries.

• Nokia

I'd make accepting money immoral.

The sin is sexual misconduct.

A guy who is not in a relationship and pay for his sex is not a sin.

As long as the act is not harmful to anyone regardless you pay or not is not a sin.

The misconduct is if the act is harmful or hurtful to anyone.

It all comes down to what the society or culture defines it.

I do not believe paying for sex is a respectable act on both parties involved.

I am fairly conservative when it comes to sexual things though so the majority may disagree with me.

I would not pay for sex, nor would I sell my body (I have considered it when it comes to amounts of money in excess of 1m dollars and the likes, but never seriously considered doing it)

Source(s): me and my morals.
  • Jimmer

Well, 'john'...that's an interesting question...

Immorality should be defined by the actions/intentions/harm caused by and to others. Consenting adults? Why not? Only those concerned with elevating themselves would give a crap about what two happy people do with each other...

> Jimmer <

To me the real issue is: should someone - man or woman - have the legal right to sell part of themselves? It's not just about morality, there's also freedom of choice involved

If someone is willing to pay for another human being to willingly provide them with a service who really has the right to object?

The emphasis is on willingly of course, because without consent there is no choice or freedom

We do pay for sex, the dating game is all about paying for & buying meals & little presents & tickets to the cinema or whatever all in the name of getting some! It's acceptable to pay in this respect, but to just blatantly hand over cash in return for sex is seen as immoral. I can't figure out the difference though...

Prostitution isn't the oldest profession in the world for nothing. The desire for sexual fulfillment is NATURAL, and it is only "immoral" if (1) forced upon another without his/her consent, i.e., rape; and/or (2) in ALL cases of child sexual abuse.

@ Clanad - Where do you get off saying that human sexuality is "sacred?" Bullshit. Sex is NATURAL. What is NOT natural is your religion's perverse obsession with human sexuality and its ridiculous "commandments" regarding HOW we should engage based on a big fairy tale "holy" book written by a host of primitive misogynistic desert goat herders who never got any, but were probably expert wankers.

You are simply paying for physical labour, much like hiring a builder. Just as long as everyone is consenting, taking necessary safety precautions, the sex worker isn't being exploited in any way and that it is what she wants to do, I don't see the problem.

@San Miguel: Couldn't have said it better myself.