Why is Yahoo News SO Liberal? Is there a single conservative writer on the AP staff?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just remember this: You get more bias from liberal news than conservative news:

-12/08 Zogby poll on which is the most trusted news source: FoxNews 39%, CNN 16%, MSNBC 15%. The most trusted news personalities: Rush Limbaugh 13%; Bill O’Reilly 10%; Chris Mathews 2%. Web news is the most trusted, more than TV and print news combined.

-9/09 Pew poll, 1985 to 2009, on how public perceives media bias: 60 percent say the press is politically biased; 50 percent say it’s liberal; 22 percent say it’s conservative; 27 percent gave no answer.

-6/15/10: Rasmussen poll on who the media supported in ’08 election: 51% said Obama; 7% said McCain.

-1/10 Public Policy Poll, a Democratic leaning pollster, found that Fox News was trusted by more people than ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and NBC news.

-1/27/10 Guardian, UK, on Nielson poll, wrote: "Fox most trusted news channel in U. S.”: Fox News 49%, CNN 39%, ABC 31%, CBS 32%, NBC 35%.

-11/4/10 Washington Post: “Fox News Channel towered over its cable news rivals on election night, attracting more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined.”

Wherever liberals are, they seek to control our speech:

-10/22/06 London Evening Standard: BBC CEO Grade caught on tape recording admitting that BBC is far Left, guilty of promoting Left-wing, anti-Christian, pro-Muslim views; promotes multiculturalism; gives no moral weight to America or rural folks; BBC Diversity Chief wants veiled female reporters.

-6/17/07 Daily Telegraph: The BBC has failed to promote proper debate on major political issues because of the inherent liberal culture of its staff, a report commissioned by the corporation has concluded. Says BBC director general Mark Thompson: "In the BBC I joined 30 years ago, there was, in much of current affairs, in terms of people's personal politics, which were quite vocal, a massive bias to the left."

And liberals want to shut us up:

11/18/10 huffingtonpost.com: Democrat Senator wants FCC to shut down Fox News.“During a committee meeting on Wednesday about television retransmission consent, Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) veered away from his prepared remarks to take aim at both Fox News and MSNBC: “More than just retransmission consent ails our television markets. We need new catalysts for quality news and entertainment programming. I hunger for quality news. I'm tired of the right and the left. There's a little bug inside of me which wants to get the FCC to say to Fox and to MSNBC, "Out. Off. End. Goodbye."

And as to the Master Spinners?

-Walter Cronkite, speaking at the UN in 1999: "It seems to many of us that if we are to avoid the eventual catastrophic world conflict we must strengthen the UN as a first step toward a world government." And all those years I thought he was just reporting the news…

-Dan Rather, speaking on CBS Evening News, 6/17/87: “Despite what many Americans think, most Soviets do not yearn for capitalism or Western-style democracy.”

But for the Internet...

• 1 decade ago

I can't really answer that question for you, but the truth is that many media organizations, whether TV-, newspaper-, or internet-based, show some kind of biased in their reporting based on the political views of their executivce staff. For example, if you start watching TV news channels, you'll soon notice that NBC and CNN appear to be quite liberal, while FOX news is highly conservative. In fact, one of the chief reasons for which the New York Times has gained such renown is its devotion to maintaining political neutrality, by trying to represent accurately both Republican and Democrat positions on key issues.

Bias in reporting generally occurs for two reasons: Firstly, anchors and reporters may be inserting a bioas without even realizing that they have done so, since they have become so accustomed to their views that they hardly even consider opposing opinions. And of course, secondly, given the divisive political issues gripping the US right now on many fronts, it is hardly surprising that supporters on both the left and right sides of the political spectrum are lobbying hard to gain maximum support.

So basically, bias in general is hard to avoid in the media, and if you are keen on finding more conservative sources, try watching the FOX news or reading the New York Times (if you can afford it, it's quite expensive if you live outside NY state)

• Janice
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I know it makes me crazy. But I have gotten used to anything in print "journalism" being liberal. I live in Dallas and even in Dallas the newspaper is liberal and the Dallas area is very conservative. Worse yet they all think they are smarter than the rest of us.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Charles Krauthammer? not sure if he's on staff, but i've read his stuff on yahoo

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.