Mun asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Didn't the governor of WI cause the deficit?

The state is currently in a deficit of $138 million. Didn't he approve $140 million his first month in office (for lobbyists and the wealthy)?

My question to you is this: Does anyone else notice a pattern of Republicans taking office, spending all the money on special interests, and then saying "we need to take money back from unions/education/arts/etc."?

Summary of his spending here:

http://www.onewisconsinnow.org/press/walker-concoc...

Favorite Answer

No the states current deficit is 3 billion and that number comes from your source. Obama spent 170,000- 400,000 to create one job using stimulus money and you dem's hail it as saving the economy, now a republican spends less then a dollar a day to create a new job and you cry waste of money.... No pleasing a democrat.

Nov. 19, 2010 |(101) Comments

Madison — Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle's administration on Friday told Republican Governor-elect Scott Walker that he would have to cope with a $2.2 billion deficit in the state's upcoming two-year budget, but this brighter-than-expected forecast contained more than $1 billion in hidden pain.

Straight from JSjournal Online go look it up

This is exactly right. This is about the right wing war against the middle class, not fiscal responsibility. The governor turned a surplus into a deficit and is trying to make workers pay for it.

There is nothing at all wrong with government employees having to pay into their own retirement and a small percentage toward medical benefits...... I am pretty sure that the governor of Wisconsin has the backing of the vast majority of his State's residents in this matter.... I applaud him...

Source(s): Pa. State Govt. worker....

In 4 weeks?

The state has a $3 billion dollar deficit, not $138 million.

As my husband says, "Republicans play chess. Democrats play checkers."

• ?

Wisconsin is $3.6 billion in debt. He has been in office for six weeks. think about it. Couldn't it be Bush or Palin's fault? That would make more sense.

Walker is a (put in your favotite dirty word) he screwed up Milwaukee County and now he's going to try to screw up the State.

• Andy

It's always a combination of the executive and legislative branches.

In other words the Governor is in charge therefore hes to blame? FINALLY! Someone on the Left that agress Obama is to blame since HE is in charge!

I know I know...thats 'different' right?

I cannot understand how stupid must be the Republican voters.

Fool me once... but they have been doing it since Reagan.