Mun asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Didn't the governor of WI cause the deficit?

The state is currently in a deficit of $138 million. Didn't he approve $140 million his first month in office (for lobbyists and the wealthy)?

My question to you is this: Does anyone else notice a pattern of Republicans taking office, spending all the money on special interests, and then saying "we need to take money back from unions/education/arts/etc."?

Summary of his spending here:

http://www.onewisconsinnow.org/press/walker-concoc...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No the states current deficit is 3 billion and that number comes from your source. Obama spent 170,000- 400,000 to create one job using stimulus money and you dem's hail it as saving the economy, now a republican spends less then a dollar a day to create a new job and you cry waste of money.... No pleasing a democrat.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nov. 19, 2010 |(101) Comments

Madison — Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle's administration on Friday told Republican Governor-elect Scott Walker that he would have to cope with a $2.2 billion deficit in the state's upcoming two-year budget, but this brighter-than-expected forecast contained more than $1 billion in hidden pain.

Straight from JSjournal Online go look it up

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This is exactly right. This is about the right wing war against the middle class, not fiscal responsibility. The governor turned a surplus into a deficit and is trying to make workers pay for it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is nothing at all wrong with government employees having to pay into their own retirement and a small percentage toward medical benefits...... I am pretty sure that the governor of Wisconsin has the backing of the vast majority of his State's residents in this matter.... I applaud him...

Source(s): Pa. State Govt. worker....
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

In 4 weeks?

The state has a $3 billion dollar deficit, not $138 million.

As my husband says, "Republicans play chess. Democrats play checkers."

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Wisconsin is $3.6 billion in debt. He has been in office for six weeks. think about it. Couldn't it be Bush or Palin's fault? That would make more sense.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Walker is a (put in your favotite dirty word) he screwed up Milwaukee County and now he's going to try to screw up the State.

• Andy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's always a combination of the executive and legislative branches.

• 1 decade ago

In other words the Governor is in charge therefore hes to blame? FINALLY! Someone on the Left that agress Obama is to blame since HE is in charge!

I know I know...thats 'different' right?

• 1 decade ago

I cannot understand how stupid must be the Republican voters.

Fool me once... but they have been doing it since Reagan.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.