Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Cons, should we eliminate government employees in the military, US Postal Service, FBI, Secret Service,?

Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Social Security Administration and US Marshals? Are these the lazy and unproductive government employees that we could do without?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, I believe as far as the military, before WWII, it was vitually all reserve components. After WWII, we never demobilized, and there has been some sort of conflict that doesn't threaten our soil ever since. Our CIA plays a huge role in attaining our governments "goals" around the world and many people from all over are unhappy about this. You should read a book critical of the CIA, bad stuff. I believe that we could get by with our military being mostly reserve, if we were only trying to protect our own soil. I believe that this would not be a bad thing, as we could still attain our goals by being rich and leading by example, in this modern day of the internet. People will want to be like us if we actually do have something better to offer, which right now, things could be better. Anyway, I get tired of paying the postal service to send business's junk mail, but the FBI and secret service we need.

Source(s): I'm a human in America.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

Why do all Libs call eliminating waste and fraud from a government program a cut. As if they are going to close its doors. Its called an audit.

When your kid comes to you every month asking for more than his allowance, wouldn't you ask "what are you spending all your money on?"

Get you head out of the Media Matters spin cycle and use some critical thought.

Every government program is full of corruption, waste and fraud. The people working in the field for these agencies are usually not the cause. Its the fat asses in their cubicles vying for an office with a window.

• 10 years ago

No

The constitution actually dictates that the federal government enforce the laws it passes (need FBI/Secret Service)

It also requires the federal government to protect the country (need the military)

The postal service doesn't receive tax money. so cutting it doesn't help the budget

(Keep pitching softballs lib, and we'll keep smacking hits)

• 10 years ago

No. How about the IRS, Dept. of Energy, EPA, Dept. of Education, Dept. of Agriculture, Dept. of Labor...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

They're performing legitimate functions of the government.

Only an idiot liberal wouldn't see the difference.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

no,why do you ask?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.