Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Why is Marijuana illegal?

Theirs no reason it should be, its safer than tobacco and alcohol, its a good medicine for pain and a lot of other things, by keeping it illegal we are helping lots of bad men, did you know 60% of the mexico gangs money comes from weed sold in the united states, plus thegovernmentt would make lots of money on the tax, and hemp can be used to make lots of fibrous materials like rope. I just don't see why it is illegal, can anyone help me?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because smoking weed opens up your mind, and is a "gateway" drug leading to other stronger drugs, which open your mind even more. then you start getting creative and having new ideas.

The government doesn't want to be overthrowed or outsmarted by all these people being so creative, so high.

They want to keep us in THEIR control.

Also because it kills brain cells, alters your mental state and mentality over time.

You could be too high to remember something important, like feeding your baby. so forth.

But I would like it to be legal, we can tax it like you said to get more money and try getting out of this debtshithole we're in.

Source(s): If everyone smoked weed there'd be no wars.
  • 1 decade ago

Because alcohol and tobacco doesn't slowly kill off the brain cells like marijuana does'? Check out the side effects on the websites and it tells you that it does kill off your brain cells.

• John S
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The main reason? hemp threatened the paper industry, so they banned it.

But most adults don't want their kids to do weed--that's why.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bc it alters ur mental state and makes u not think as much idk I think its bc ppl are jealous they don't have connections so they banneD it, but everyone still does it anyways

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Reefer madness

Gateway drug to harder street drugs

Severe psychoses

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.