Who's responsibility is it to replace microwave a landlord provided in a furnished house, which has broken?

If a microwave oven provided as part of a "furnished" house rental breaks down, whos responsibility is it to replace it? Am I right to assume that in the same way that if the cooker/washing machine/boiler etc. became faulty, then it is the landlords responsibility to repair or replace it? We are... show more If a microwave oven provided as part of a "furnished" house rental breaks down, whos responsibility is it to replace it?

Am I right to assume that in the same way that if the cooker/washing machine/boiler etc. became faulty, then it is the landlords responsibility to repair or replace it?

We are currently paying extra each month to rent a "furnished" house and the landlord is refusing to replace a broken microwave which must've only cost him about £40!

Thanks in advance for your answers :)