Ideas for 3 D Pi project?

First of all I am using my moms account to ask this question and would appreciate ideas you may have.

So Pi day is coming up and I have to make a 3 dimensional object that I can relate Pi to. I would like to do something a bit creative, but I am at a loss as what to do which is why I came here to ask for ideas. I am in 8th grade so it has to be something decent.

Thank you for your input

Tough. Ok, you can relate basically any 3-d object to pi, but for a lot of objects this becomes somewhat tedious and/or involves stuff only mathematicians find interesting. The basic objects would be cylinders, spheres or cones - and tori, i.e. doughnuts :-)

Another interesting object would be a mobius (or möbius, or moebius) strip - you could ask whether that one has a circumference of 2*pi or 4*pi, since it is a 'circular' object similar to a hollow cylinder, but has only one surface (and one edge) that is running twice around the center.

What about a Torus? Basically, it's a 3D - Annulus, or a 'Ring', if you like to call it. I'm not sure if this is 'decent' enough for you, but I think it's should be enough. That's because to find a volume of a torus, you have to square Pi. To find the surface area of the torus, you also have to square Pi. This is one of Mathematics rarest events, where you have to square a constant.

You can get more information here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torus