Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

So it looks like the Governor of New York will become the next President of the United States?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/20110203/ts_dai...

the Governorship of New York has long been used as a stepping stone to the presidency..........

-Martin Van Buren

-Grover Cleveland

-Theodore Roosevelt

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

-Thomas Dewey

were all governors of New York.

and now, Andrew Cuomo, seems to be eyeing a 2016 run.

and he just took office a few months ago.

In the immediate future; he's dealing with the budget...and appears to be taking a conservative approach on fiscal issues. He's a moderate, shying away from his liberal core.

he has a record 77% approval rating. People like him.

and it's not just because he's new...........he's always been popular.....

when he was Attorney General, people loved him.

He pledges to be the governor that will finally sign gay marriage into law.

The New York Senate is expected to take up gay marriage sometime between April and June.

This man, Andrew Cuomo, could put the Democrats in a very strong position come 2016.

I have a tough time seeing the Republicans competing with him.

Who they gonna run? Sarah Palin? ha.

Stop: Jerry Brown is 72 years old. c'mon. Andrew Cuomo is 53. He's young and fresh.

Stop: he'll be 77 years old in 2016! think about that.

Even John McCain has good things to say about Cuomo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FirfXlBTs3Q

Youtube thumbnail

and you know what else this means:

We won't have a 1st lady.

Cuomo is divorced.

Favorite Answer

Jerry Brown would be a better president than Andrew Cuomo.

He doesn't take **** and he isn't an ideologue. Besides, What's wrong with experience?

There are some issues that look to enrich one yet another in politics. it is lawyering and lawmaking. The rules that govern us are particularly complicated, and being a knowledgeable criminal expert is for sure useful. Bush became not a criminal expert, yet a businessman. could you particularly have a businessman interior the whitehouse or somebody who understood the regulation? extremely constitutional regulation? do not hate all the legal experts. a number of them actual seem out on your rights.

I don't think so. He is very mean, and he is into cutting important budget items..just like the Republicans.I would prefer Kucinich or Nader. but people are really ignorant not to support them. The rest are just machine politicians.

Hope this helps

Hmm... I truly don't see that happening, when considering the shamble that NY finds itself in. High taxation, high deficit, etc.

I believe that people want to see how he deals with the problems of one state, vs. 50 states, first.

Piss-bottle Jones says

you must have thought that dewey beat truman

Giggity. I'll try to answer but your picture, gig-giggi- Well ya see Andrew Cuomo is oh wait giggity, alright. quagmire out.

ron paul 2012 same in 2016 that's my prediction get back at me in 9 years i tell you so

No matter how suitable he is I really don't think the pubs could handle his Italian surname ... they'd be dubious of any birth certificate and be linking him to the mafia ... !

No, the history of prognostication is a vapid one.

Why, hello Lois! How are you dear?

Lois?!?! Are you going to answer hun??