?
? asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What's up with John Williams and Harry Potter?

Okay. So i've heard that John Williams won't compose a theme song for Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, because he doesn't have time, or something like that. I didn't really get that. Can someone explain what's up?

Favorite Answer

Well, John Williams is one of the most famous composers of movie music.....so he's probably really busy....although if i were him I would clear my schedule for Harry Potter....and I love JW....but.

Alexander Desplat's music IS super good.

I mean...he has worked on a number of scores for the Harry Potter movies already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Williams#2010s

i dont know ..

but the composer, Alexander desplat, is a wonderful composer

take a listen sometime.... its always nice to hear a refreshing take in the harry potter score

• A65

As we all know, they're up to the 8th movie now. I think everybody involved is just a bit over it.

Not the fans, just the people involved. As for JW, perhaps he really has booked all his time already.