Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 9 years ago

Is rap music really on its way out?

Since 1999 Rap Music slowly made its way over Pop and Rock. and Began to dominate the charts from 2008-2010. But is it on its way out? I'm noticing old people coming back Nsync, Ricky martin, enrique, marc anthony, j-lo. Is this all to ressurect the old era? and throw away rap music?

Can we expect Rap music to become a "YOu know about it if you like it" kind of thing again by 2013?

And after then can we expect another Eminem to rise out and bash other celebrites to bring hip hop back to life?

Favorite Answer

I don't think rap music is on it's way out. How can that be with Eminem getting nominations for 10 grammys this year and winning 2? Every musical genre has highs and lows just like a lot of art and fashion. What's in this season may not be the next. Rap will always be around but it always takes a new artist to transform it into something even better than before.

I don't even listen to mainstream rap, I love rap and I'll admit it's predominantly filled with pop music with a rapper talking about how he's a player and dances in clubs.

I personally think it's still on the rise but in 5-10 years this 'In The Club' Hip-Hop won't be topping charts.

Underground scene has lots of talented cats though.

I use to like it but now as a grown man find my self listening to the great ACTUAL musicians of the 90s and hoping to god music with a band and lead singer comes back. that was a magical time where it took an entire band or team to make something truly magical! Not one guy on stage acting tough who never actually shot anyone. If your a guy going to watch a single dude do that on stage sounds a bit brokeback don t it... lol

• almost every single artist you named is kind of irrevelant now, except j-lo, what makes you think it is dying out? do you have a source or a reasonable understanding, you didn't really even say why...

Man, I sure hope it is... I miss there being 'music' on the music charts instead of noise with someone talking in a rhythm.

And I hope not.

*prepares for thumbs-down barrage*

• Dennis

i hope rap dies -.- idc if i get thumbed down but in my opinion.. rap isnt even music its just words rhyming with a beat :l

I can only hope and wish"sigh"

hell no