How do I get temporary tags for my car?

I have a car that I bought from my grandma in salt lake. I don't have the money right this minute to get it registered and the only way I can pick it up is if I go with my grandma on her way back to salt lake from Vegas. So i have to pick it up now. Is there any way to get temporary tags for this car to transport it four hours away from salt lake?

• Karle
    Favorite Answer

yes....u will need proof of insurance and go to DMV and ask for temp tags......

so call ur insurance company get it insured.....go to DMV with vin number and proof of insurance(have ur insurance company fax it to them) and pay for temp tag.....after u get it home cancel insurance on it until ur ready to register it

** do NOT drive it without insurance or tags.....will cost u about 15 thousand total if u get stopped if u do...

• Brande

I would recommend you to try this web page where you can get quotes from different companies: http://cheap-insure.info/index.html?src=1YAfqfijNA...

RE :How do I get temporary tags for my car?

1 following 1 answer

My temporary tags expired on my car and I can t afford to pay the sales tax on the car and get regular tags!! How can I get a temporary tag?

I bought a car in montana. I need temporary tags to bring it back too arizon??

• roger

as long as the car has registration and plates on it, ask grandma to leave them on until you get home, and get the registration worked out. you can use the plates and grandmas insurance im sure long enough to get it home, after all its her gift too you. you would have to show proof of insurance and probably pay the registration and new plates and the new title and what ever is applicable which is not convienient I guess for you right now. hopefully grandma lets you keep her plates and insurance for a bit ok?

Why not leave Grandmas plates and insurance on it until you get home. Then make the switch. That would be perfectly legal. (and $mart)

Wow, thankyou! Just what I was searching for. I tried looking for the answer on other websites but I couldn't find them.

• Lisa

go to local dmv you can get temp tags

What do I do if the vehicle I purchased does not have plates on it?