id this illegal - YouTube and google images?

i took images from websites and google images for my video about the olympics and the BBC have said that they want to out the video on tv - i gave it to them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saSDADs9qX4

Youtube thumbnail

one pic i used was of people in the rings 'resident's were excited' but if it is on tv will they have the right to complain and take it off

or was it their fault (whoever put the picture online) for letting me copy it?

Just give the copy rights to google images or the websites you got the pictures from. But usually if you need a copy rights youtube will send you a email and you can edit the description

"or was it their fault (whoever put the picture online) for letting me copy it?" That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. This is like saying "I parked my car in the street and it got stolen, but it's my fault for letting them steal it even though I was in the shop and didn't know they were there".

Photos online are nearly always copyrighted to the photographer and taking them and using them for your own or commercial use is illegal. Email the people who took the photos and see if they'll let you use it, make sure you explain that the photos will be shown on TV.

• ric m

Hm.

Good question.

Why don't you re post your question in the business section.

I know that there is a lot of folks who could answer that.