Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 10 years ago

I received a deposit into my account that says ACH US Treasury 220 xxxxxx(4 digits)...what is that?

I have no idea what this is, there was 2 deposits one for $100 something another for $300 something. I recently filed a tax return, but I just mailed it Feb 11...there is no way they processed it that quick (or did they). I also recently started using my 9/11 GiBill, but class just started on Jan 31 and this is my first time using it and I was told it would take months to start being paid. Any ideas!

5 Answers

  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    i know they use it ach us treasury 220 for federal refunds, not sure about the gi bill though

  • 10 years ago

    The same thing happened to me, except I have NOT yet filed my tax return, but I did just start classes last month, and was using my Post 9/11 GI Bill. What I have gathered from looking at a few other forums is that it could be a VA Benefit i.e. disability, education, etc..or it could be a Tax Refund. The only common denominator is that IT IS from the government! At this point, I'm going to call my bank, and I suggest you do the same. I am out of town, but other forums have noted that a few weeks following the deposit they received a statement in the mail explaining exactly what it was! If you find out any info please update. Hope this helps a little.

  • 10 years ago

    Be careful because there are lots if scammers today. The best thing to do is to consult the bank where you are connected. They can tell what is this all about.

  • 10 years ago

    Have you given any thought to contacting your bank and asking them this question. In my humble opinion, they would be the best ones to answer this question.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • its your tax refund

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.