what does "mi amore vole fe yah" mean? (read description).?

i've read on google, etc. that "mi amore vole fe yah" means "love needs faith" in english. i tried translating "mi amore vole fe yah" in different translators and it detected that some parts of it is italian, but not all of it showed up. does it really mean "love needs faith"? if so, which language? and if not, what does it mean?

thanks

Favorite Answer

"Mi Amore Vole Fè" is actually Italian, just not the modern language.

It is an ancient regional variety that was spoken in the south of Italy (where Gaga's grandparents are from) between Xth and XVIIth century and it's still used as a "slang".

The translation to modern Italian is "Il mio amore vuole fede" that in English, as we all already know, is "My love needs faith".

"Yah" has no meaning, it's just an exclamation.

This sentence was usually written on wedding rings as a vow.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avXjh

The most plausible explanation I've seen is that "Mi amore vole fe" means "My love needs faith" in an older or regional dialect of Italian, possibly the dialect spoken by Lady Gaga's own family, and "yah" is an exclamatory word for emphasis without much meaning. I already knew "Mi" is "My" in Spanish, "fe" is "faith" in Spanish, and amore is "love" in Italian, though the sentence didn't look quite right for either language alone. And I figure "vole" could be related to the Latin root in the English words "voluntary" and "volition" which has a meaning like "choice," "will," or "wish" that could have possibly evolved into something more like "need" over time, so perhaps this explanation I saw is correct. update: just found a ring engravement site that says: AMORE VOLE FE This phrase found on a fifteenth century ring means something along the lines of “Love cannot exist without trust”. I guess that's pretty similar.

• wark

Vole Definition

Define Vole

It means 'my love needs faith'. It's in an ancient regional dialect of Italian from the South of Italy, where Lady Gaga's granparents are from, but it's stilled used there a as a slang/colloquial expression. 'Yah' has no meaning, it's just an exclamation which is why translators have no translation for it. The phrase is was often written on wedding rings as a vow.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

i've read on google, etc. that "mi amore vole fe yah" means "love needs faith" in english. i tried translating "mi amore vole fe yah" in different translators and it detected that some parts of it is italian, but not all of it showed up. does it really mean...

Source(s): quot mi amore vole fe yah quot read description: https://biturl.im/FEzdp

Mi amore vole fe yah - meaning "love cannot exist without trust" is an old Italian adage. Also, love needs faith.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks to my source below, wonderful blog!

BORN THIS WAY by Lady GaGa

I LOVE this song too! I think the reason why google translator isn't picking up on it is because it's hard for the lyric website to actually write/ type out the correct words from simply listening to the song. It's either in Italian, French or Spanish, but give it time and the correct spelling of the phrase will surface!

Source(s): My Little Monsters

i would love to know how to say it like she does in the song!!! so i can sing it!!!