Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 9 years ago

What is a good champagne for 100 dollars or less?

My BF and I are celebrating our 1 year. We are looking for a semi sweet champagne, any suggestions??

• Big
    Favorite Answer

Verve Cliquot (sp) GREAT champagne for about $40 but if you want sweet, I'm not sure you'd like it as it's more dry.

Also Moet and Chandon Brut Imperial is also a great wine, but again, it's more dry.

Not to sound snobby but the good champagnes I've had are not terribly sweet and maybe an inexpensive Asti Spumonti may suite your taste - Price doesn't make it good or bad as personal tastes are so different.

I've had $135 Opus One and I don't care for it at all but there are some $10 wines I love so what do I know

• k. k.

Ignore the people who have said there's no good sweeter Champagnes. Almost every known Champagne house produces an off-dry version. Look for bottles labeled "Demi Sec", which means half dry. Moet, Veuve Cliquot, Piper Heidsieck, Laurent Perrier, Louis Roederer are all famous, well-respected brands, and there are many more.

Avoid anything labeled Brut, as they have the least residual sugar, meaning they're very dry.

Source(s): I'm a sommelier.
  • mark

My favorite will run you about $45 Veuve Clicquot

The yellow label (the 45 bottle) is their lower end but is still very very good.

Just get Demi-Sec or Extra Dry rather than Brut if you like it a bit sweeter.

I highly recommend veuve clicquot. It's my favorite champagne for under $100.

It is, however, quite dry, as is all champagne. If you want sweet wine I would consider a sparkling wine or zinfandel.

Cold Duck

• Tatinger, bollinger, Chandon, Dom perignon...in that order. For a sweet treat, try Asti Spumante.

I like Korbel or St. Domaine

coors light