Anonymous

I only got 4 hours of sleep in the past 2 days?

ok I only work right now and usually my work starts at 5PM to 12AM.

so I can stay up as late as I want (usually till 4AM) because I dont feel like coming home from work then heading straight to bed.

but this week I had 3 morning shifts in a row that start at 11AM, so I tell myself to go to bed before 2AM so I can wake up at 10AM and head out.

but when I try to sleep I cant, its like I go into this stand-by mode where im trying to sleep but it just doesnt happen, then I notice ive been doing that for 2 hours, then it goes on for a couple more hours, then I have a dream, but then there I am awake again,

ok what the hell, if I just had a dream that means I fell asleep, if I fell asleep then why the hell wouldnt I just be knocked out from no sleep.

I thought you had to be in a deep sleep to even dream? but I had 2 dreams last night, one I had about 4 hours later, then I had the second one about 2 hours later, I only got 2 hours of sleep last night I assume because I had a dream, but does that even count as sleeping or does it count as hallucinating

when I have dont have to wake up in 8 hours I can sleep fine, when I do then my mind just keeps racing

Favorite Answer

I have exactly the same problem with not sleeping hardly at all when I have to get up at a certain time. Even though I am not aware that I am concerned about waking up on time I am convinced that is it. It is possible to program yourself to not worry about this . Just tell your self at bedtime several times that you will wake up on time. If you wake during the night do the same. If necessary, add a second alarm clock to ease that subconscious feeling you won't be on time. This helps for me.

Source(s): RN

placed him back to mattress. the two my young babies started out going to mattress at 8pm each night while they started out eating solids. The the two sleep strait by way of to 7am. My son (10 months) takes 2 2 hour naps during the day and my daughter (4 a million/2) now not desires the nap. yet up till this factor she napped for 2 hours after lunch. attempt making nap time formerly interior the day and make mattress time later. reliable success

If it is hallucinating, that is a symptom of exhaustion. Why don't you stop doing so many shifts? You need to rest a bit more, sleep is important.