uTorrent doesn't see/want to seed a folder with a changed name which is on the external hard drive?

So I use uTorrent 2.2.1 Beta on a Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit based PC. Lately I have been downloading big amounts of data (tens of GB's), and since my PC hard drive wouldn't be able to store it all, I had to transfer it to the external 3TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex drive. As I want to keep my files in order, so that everything looks clear, I change the names of the folders, getting rid of dots and dashes which are often put for spaces. The problem is that when I direct uTorrent to the new directory of the folder (where on the bar of the window in which you choose locations it has the old name of the folder), it doesn't see the folder and its contents. It quickly stops re-checking, and says I have 0% downloaded. When from the context menu I choose the option to go to the containing folder, it doesn't open the folder on my GoFlex as it should, but opens My Documents on my C drive. Here I would have to say that I have no such problems with smaller files downloaded directly on the external drive - their containing folders open just right and they are normally seeded. I just didn't want to download GB filles there directly, since I have noticed that even with the smaller ones it causes more buffer errors and rejected data. When downloading on the PC hard drive, such things happen less frequently.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Favorite Answer

You changed the folder pathname, so the program cannot find it. Perhaps there is an option to change the pathname, or change the folder name back. It's not seeding because it cannot find the folder.