Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

are christians really haters against LGBT community?

i am a happily married cross-dresser and also a stepfather,I am increasingly frustrated at fundamentalist christians trying to force their opinions on us,and quoting ridiculous passages from scripture as their proof my lifestyle is wrong,this is the 21st century modern thinking should prevail Dueteronomy is often quoted and some prts of that are ludicrous in todays society

I welcome redneck replies they are hysterical,

• Chuck
    Favorite Answer

You must have forgotten that these scriptures were in Romans. 1:24 Therefore God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, that their bodies might be dishonored among them, 25 even those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the One who created, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27 and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error.

The bible is full of passages of hate on anything that was wrong in the mind of the writer. This all seer was against many things as several were punishable by death.

Examples: Murder, adultery, bestiality, Being Raped (Deuteronomy 22:23-24), Homosexual sex, working on the Sabbath(exodus 31:12-15), Women who are not virgins the night of marriage(Deuteronomy 22:20-21), worshiping other gods, witchcraft, taking god's name in vain or cursing it, cursing or hitting a parent(exodus 21:15)(leviticus 20:9),kidnapping, Priest daughter fornication(Leviticus 21:9).

Things that were okay: Slavery, Genocide(Deuteronomy 13:13-19), Polygamy, Drugs, Prejudice against those of other faiths, Cousin Marriage, Killing children(Isaiah14:21)(Ezekiel 9:5-7), and Rape(Isaiah 13:15-18)

You shouldn't allow such ignorance to question rather what your doing is right or wrong.

Source(s): The Good Book

NO NO NO! I don't know how many times I have come across this question.

But the answer is no. I'm a Christian and love the LGBT community. I don't have a problem with anyone or group of people. In all honesty. It depends on the individual. You can't base on generalization about a group because of a small percentage of other people. EVERYONE is beautiful. That's like saying all foreigners all illegal.

Source(s): me. :)
  • Karl

Sorry for this but it is in love they do this. God made us with a specific design, varying from this design makes our lives worse than it could be.

I want the best for you and all, so we must go by the design to get it. I want it all for you and living like this will not do it. So we tell you that it is not right, hoping you will have a better life if you turn to God. I know your life will be better, so I try to tell you but most do not hear this. They hear other things.

I want the best for you. I honestly and truly believe God/Jesus is this best. If I was not totally convinced I would not be here. But I care and love you and want the best.

Sorry if I do it all wrong, but I just want you to have the best life you can and going against our design is not going to do it.

When things like tools are used against their design they do not work correctly. I can not use a hammer to remove a bolt, so for the best result I need a wrench or socket that will give me the best result. It is all about design, for the best we must follow it.

bless you.

I doubt we will ever be rid of all the hatemongers and bible-thumpers who will insist that we are going to "burn in hell" because we don't see their silly book the way they do. We can only see that logic is given it's chance and hope that they become so small a contingent that they can be safely ignored.

On the whole, I've known more christians who were open-minded and understanding of the differences in love and life, than the idiots who insist a book of old stories and outdated philosophies should be given primary relevance in today's world. I pray to the Goddess that this will continue and more level heads will be in charge of the world.

• Mythos

You're a "man" who wears women's clothing and you want to convince me you're playing with a full deck?

Ask yourself - who's truly the ludicrous one here - you or the scriptures?

And get off this incessant "21st century modern thinking" line of crap. If this is what "modern 21st century thinking" has brought us to, we're already history.

However, knock yourself out. Make yourself look like an a$$. Who cares, right?

Source(s): Edit: Oh - and no "hatred" required to form this most sensible opinion. Get some new material, sparky. That diatribe of "hatred" isn't being bought anymore.

Well unfortunately a large amount of the modern day Christian church has become like the Pharisee's described in the New testament. In that they hold themselves higher than their fellow man even though the bible(Paul in particular) clearly indicates that no man is righteous and all men have fallen short. Paul also goes on to say that no man should judge, lest he be judged. Sadly these messages in the bible have been forgotten by many in the Christian community, and many of them have gone on to be those judges Paul warns against, and in doing so have given the rest of the Christian community a bad name. Jesus calls us to love all men, as all men are our brothers(and sisters). We are to attempt to see every individual as God see's them, and love them. We have all sinned and do sin, and we have all fallen short. It is not for me to judge your sin, but instead offer my hand in friendship and hope through my example of love you will be inclined to seek after Jesus and his ways.

The ones I've spoken to are, yes. I've heard that some aren't, but I've never met them.

You're not the only one frustrated at Christians.

The Lutheran Church allows gay people marrying. And gay people too become priests so we don't all hate gay people.

Hope that helps a little