Writers: A Valentines Day interview +BQs?

Happy Valentines day everyone! I just thought of a few questions I thought might be fun for you all to answer. Make it interesting and have fun.

1. Do any of your characters believe in love at first sight and if so, why?

Yeah, Maddie would. She's a bit naïve and has really optimistic, happy, cotton-candy views about the world.

2. What does your antagonist think about love?

Ryku: There is no such thing. Whatever it is that people call love isn't real, and is simply a waste of time and energy.

3. For your protaganist, what would be a deal-breaker in a potential relationship?

Zira: If your boyfriend tries to kill you, that's probably a good sign things aren't working out.

(You'll have to forgive her. She's still bitter about that one)

4. Does any character in your story get their heart broken?

Yes, a few of them. But most of all, Jared. Poor guy.

5. For your antagonist, what's the most important thing in a romantic relationship?

Ryku: What did I just say about love? Ask Jared. He's an antagonist too.

Jared: Both people need to be open with each other and understanding.

6. Do you have any songs in mind that would describe the romantic relationship(s) in your story?

For Zira and Jared: "Impossible" by Shontelle or "Snuff" by Slipknot

Revolver and Maddie: "Rain" by Breaking Benjamin

BQ: How many words average do you have in each chapter?

Probably about 2500

BQ2: If you are or were writing a series, would you write all the books first (rough draft) and then go back and revise/edit? Or would you write one and revise/edit it before moving on to the next? Why?

I have no idea, that's partly why I'm asking. I just finished writing the first book in my series tonight (whoo!) and I'm not sure if I should continue writing the second book, or wait until I've gone through and polished the first one.

Yeah, I know Valentines Day is pretty much over. I was going to post these earlier but I got into "writing mode" and didn't do it. Just pretend its still Valentines Day.

:)

Favorite Answer

Elizabeth does, but her experience of "love at fist sight" could be better phrased as "Stockholm Syndrome at first capture."

Jarret does, too, but in a different way I suppose. When he first meets Iva, he pretty much calls dibs on her. But he has a feeling that she could mean a lot to him someday.

Zeth: Love? Casual adoration I can stand, but never love. The closer I get to someone, the more I'll suffer if they die. Are you saying that I love Veirra? Listen, she means nothing. Nothing!

Leah: If he sympathized with Zeth in any way, it's a no-no.

Deliah, Veirra, Zeth (aww diddums!), Leah, Jarret. And Ananias, in a way. Wow, I'm horrible to my characters.

Well, to be fair, most of them grieve because their loved one died.

No, wait, that makes it worse..

Zeth: She needs to know everything about me. And I need to know everything about her. EVERY. LITTLE. DETAIL.

Elizabeth: *mutters* "Sh*t, I marry this guy..?"

Deliah and Ananias: "Mine" by Taylor Swift

Veirra and Zeth: "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem ;D

Elizabeth and Zeth: I dunno, but "E.T" by Katy Perry suits 'em pretty well! ^.^

I chose a random chapter, it had 2,800 words. So about the same as you, I reckon ^.^

I go straight to the second one and write the draft of that whilst I'm also editing the first one. I believe there are moods when you're writing - sometimes you want to knuckle down and get a lot of editing/rewriting done, other times you just want to keep moving. I've got 3 books on the go, all in the same series ^.^ One is in the draft stage, one is being torn apart with editing and one is *almost* done.

Happy valentines day...for yesterday? lol. I think i'm ahead in time here haha.

Um...hm. Good question. I don't think so. Nope

Let's see. Logan, what do you think about love?

Logan: Love? I love lots of things. My car, my dog, my brother. But when you start talkign about loving girls, hell no. I'm more of a "don't get tied down and you won't get annoyed" type of person.

3) For your protaganist, what would be a deal-breaker in a potential relationship?

Ha, funny you should ask that!

How about when you find out that the guy you like (later love) stood by and didn't help when his own brother was getting bashed to death!!!

How's that for a deal breaker?

4) Does any character in your story get their heart broken?

Yeah, sorry Ryan and Logan. I do love you guys it's just...I'M SORRY!! =(

5) For your antagonist, what's the most important thing in a romantic relationship?

Logan: Sorry if theres any kiddies reading this but it involves a bed, no clothes and LOTS of free time ;)

Me: Ugh, sleezebag!!

6)Do you have any songs in mind that would describe the romantic relationship(s) in your story?

That's a good question. Umm, maybe I Love You by Chris Brown and Ester Dean. Oh and I Hate Everything About You by Three Days Grace.

Umm, can't be bothered to check. sorry lol

I'd probably write one then re-read and edit that one then move onto the next one when i'm done with the first one.

Don't think that made sense =\

Not any of the important ones at least...though Gracie might...she's that sort of person

the half-dead can't love

Annie is pretty independent and doesn't like a guy who expects her to be constantly paying him attention

Poor Annie...her heart gets broken...in the worst way

the half-dead can't love

not really...maybe accidently in love by the counting crows for grace and jacob...

dunno yet...i have yet to write an entire chapter

BQ2: If you are or were writing a series, would you write all the books first (rough draft) and then go back and revise/edit? Or would you write one and revise/edit it before moving on to the next? Why? probably write one and then go back...because that seems to make sense to me

Source(s): Kansas State University 84 University of Kansas 68 EMAW!

I have two MCs so I'll go with Skye for this survey:

1) No, definately not. She's a bit of a sceptic when it comes to love.

2) strangely, he does believe in love. He loved his wife, but she died.

3) deal-breaker? Neither me nor Skye know what you mean...

4) yes, Ben, poor thing. And Isabelle gets her heart broken more then once - by the same man

5) he thinks that the man must be more powerful than the woman fir it to work out. The woman has to know her place, he says.

6) none that I can think of right now...

BQ - oh, I've no idea. Unlike most people I like to write paper, then type it up, so a lot of my book is still on paper and I'm not counting the words by hand!

BQ2 - well done on finishing your book! :)

I would revise and edit the first one, then move on. I think that, that way, any little detail you might want to change when you edit the first book, you can carry it on in the sequels :)

1. Only one so far, but she's just so childlike and naive... Sugartoots! Why does she have to be so damn cute and innocent with the kind of plots I come up with!?

2. He's only in love with himself, I'm afraid.

3. She's waaaaay too young and I doubt her friend will ever be able to be in a relationship again.

4. Nah.

5. Well, beauty... I guess.

6. OH HELL NO. It's like trying to romanticize Humbert and Lolita's relationship by turning it into a love song--you just can't because there's no love there, just sick perversion.

1) Yes, My main character Jason does :) and he hates it

2) He loves love but he uses it as a weapon for Jason

3) If someone kisses him

4)YUP so many times Carina, does when she sees Jason with Madison

5)Aethrius-Love? relationship I just want to rule the world

6)Simple and Clean

Source(s): Soory I cuddesnt answer rest my bus iss here